Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

Sometimes I do have to try hard though like on important exams or on assignments I don't get. I don't have to study that much, just the stuff I don't really get, and I pretty much understand everything. I think about what we're going to do at Shoto's. Is that going to be the date? Is he going to take me on a date, but just said we were going to go to his house for cover? Agghh I don't know. I need to stop thinking, or I'm going to get a panic attack or something. I take a deep breath and let it out, but it sounds like a sigh. Everyone is so annoyed with having to write notes. I look to the back of the class and see Shoto looking at me. His eyes widen and he blushes. He looks away quickly and I do too. Most of the people in the back have fallen asleep. I put my head down, but stay awake. I'm tired, but I've never fallen asleep in school and I never will. What if I have a nightmare? What if people draw on me? What if I snore and people laugh at that? Just too many reasons not to.

I doodle in my notebook at the back. I'm not great at drawing, so I'm just drawing squiggly lines and circles. Damn, I can't even draw a good circle. Present Mic keeps talking and talking and talking until the bell for lunch finally rings. It's been hours and he hadn't stopped talking. I wait for people to leave and then slowly make my way up the stairs where me and Shoto are supposed to meet. He did bring me food yesterday. He brought spaghetti. I live for spaghetti. It's my favorite. I hadn't had any for a long time until yesterday. He doesn't tell me what he's going to bring, he just brings it. I'm not complaining whatsoever, I just appreciate what he does. When I walk in, I see that he already has the two bags out. He takes out the Tupperware and reveals what it is. It's sushi. "Wow Shoto, sushi?" He nods.

I go over to him and say thank you. He hands me the container and the chop sticks. I wait for him to eat before I do. After swallowing the food, he speaks up. "Um so we have a few board games at home and I have a Wii console. Maybe we can play some Mario Brothers or Just Dance?" I look at him and smile. "Yeah that would be fun. Also just so you know now, I'm going to suck at Just Dance." He laughs a bit. "I'm not great either, but we could suck together." That makes me blush hard and I start choking on my sushi a bit. I'm coughing and when he realizes what he says, he starts blushing madly too and shakes his head like crazy. "No! No! I didn't mean it like that Katsuki." I start laughing and he does too. After a while, the laughing dies down and we continue to eat. It's quiet again and so this time I break the silence.

"So Shoto, I barely know anything about you. Like I know that you're dad used to be a jerk but now he's not, that your mom is living with you again, and that you love cooking. I don't really know the little things though. Like your favorite color or favorite music. I want to know that about you too." He nods as he chews. When he finishes his sushi he starts telling me about himself. "Well I really like the color red, my favorite type of music is indie I guess, I can't say that I have s favorite band, but one that I always listen to is Simple Plan. I really like hoodies." He thinks for a bit as I keep eating. "My favorite number is 11. My favorite fruit is either strawberries or maybe watermelon. I love cats, they're the best animal. If you don't agree, then you're wrong." I laugh a bit at that before saying, "Cats are my favorite animal." He nods in approval.

He looks at me and I motion for him to continue as I eat. "Okay so I really like drinking coffee, preferably cold. My favorite show is How I Met Your Mother. I love the movie Sing. My favorite snack is chips, the type of chips I like depend on which ones I want at the time. My favorite holiday is Christmas. And at the moment, you are my best friend." I get flustered by that last one. I'm done with my sushi, but he still has some left. "I umm, you're my best friend right now too. I don't think that will change." He smiles at me and we stay like that for some while. Just smiling at each other. Then he says, "Okay now your turn." I nod and think for a moment. "Okay so my favorite movie is Aladdin. Favorite show would have to be Supernatural. My favorite color is probably blue. My favorite fruit is probably mango or apples. Preferred snack would be apples with caramel. My favorite holiday is Halloween. My favorite number is 20 and I love drinking cold coffee too."