Chapter 42: Nobody

Start from the beginning

Byakuya: Naive...

A literal wall of petals completely engulfed and utterly dispelling his attack. Although it didn't stopped here, and went to surround Ichigo in all possible directions, before crashing down on him.

Byakuya: The strength of Senbonzakura lies in its ability to attack with its countless many blades from all directions

Byakuya: The strength of Senbonzakura lies in its ability to attack with its countless many blades from all directions. The strength of your zanpakutô is great, however... It is impossible to dodge Senbonzakura's attack, using such a slow technique...

"You were just too weak, Blah blah blah, You didn't Stand a chance to begin with, Yada yada... Although, may I say, we weren't expecting such a powerful and devastating attack, you took us off guard, with it, I'll give you that."

Through the smoke and dust, mixed with the remnants of his attack, there was a zone completely unscathed, under a dome of golden light. Under said dome, there was Ichigo, unscathed as well, and...

"Hogo Reiâmâ..."

(A/n: Minus the cape, and all golden

(A/n: Minus the cape, and all golden.)

Byakuya: Is this... ?

"No, it certainly is not. This... This is the complete Shikai of my zanpakutô. What I was using until now was merely an incomplete version. I now have full control over my powers."

Ichigo: Thanks, Y/n. If it wasn't for you, I'd probably be minced meat by now. I thought I had it, but I guess not. It's only logical... By using only a Shikai, it's impossible to beat a Bankai. I totally underestimated him...

Byakuya: ... Be careful in your choice of words, brat. You sound as if you have attained Bankai.

"Oh, but that's EXACTLY what he was implying, Byakuya Kuchiki !"

Byakuya: What did you say... ?

Ichigo: You respond with a question ? I know you heard. You don't believe us, do you... ? So it doesn't matter if we say it a 2nd or 3rd time. If you refuse to believe our words... What about your own two eyes, BYAKUYA KUCHIKI ?!

Ichigo: Watch carefully, This... Is my Bankai !

Byakuya: 'Impossible... Only the strongest shinigami can use it. It is the ultimate technique of a zanpakutô. Even the four noble families, whose members are always exceptionally talented, have only a member capable of achieving Bankai every few generations. Those who achieve Bankai always have remarkable roles in the history of the Soul Society. That is the significance of Bankai.'