A Family We've Once Not Met

All he could see was pitch black, why is it so dark? He can feel his heavy eyes blinking, so why does it seem like they're closed?

Where am I?

Getting up from the little bed he layed on, a realization hits him quick.

Something's not right. I can feel my golden core here. But it's not golden? More like...Silver?

I'm not in pain? I can move around freely? But how? Who healed me?

Without a single noise, a woman walks into the room, carrying a tray of some sort. Placing the tray down, Wei Ying finally notices someone is in the room with them.

"Who's there? And did you save me?" Wei Ying questions, his tone hinting curiosity but no harm.

What seemed like a whole century-long, a soft and elegant voice began speaking to Wei Ying.

"Young cultivator, I do you no harm. I go by the name of.....Baoshan Sanren"

Silence once again filled the room, not a single breath could be heard, shock having yet processed into his head.

"D-D-Did you just say B-B-Baoshan Sanren!?" Wei Ying shrieked, finally grasping the information that the person in front of him just said.

"Yes, I know it must shock you for I am considered a legend to-"

"Grandmaster! I finally got to meet you!" Wei Ying cut her off, smiling for once after the past few months since the Xuanwu Cave incident.

Wei Ying couldn't see it, but Baoshan was smiling at him as if she knew why he would call her that. Slowly, she walked towards the tray and picked up a bowl of mysterious liquids.

"Oh? Why would you call me grandmaster? Could you possibly be a descendant of one of my disciples?" Baoshan was enjoying her little taunt on Wei Ying as if she already doesn't know who's son he was.

Wei Ying cleared his throat, patting his clothes, standing straight, preparing to bow in the direction of the voice.

"Allow me to properly introduce myself, I am Wei Ying, courtesy name Wei Wuxian, Son of Cangse Sanren and Wei ChangZe" cupping his hands together, bowing properly to the master that his mother grew up with.

Smiling down at the ground while stirring the bowl at the same time, Baoshan puts the bowl down onto the tray.

"I see, it seems like my daughter really hadn't disappointed me when it came to finding the right husband." Staring off at a cabinet, she knew that there were a lot of things to explain to her newly found grandson.

Hit with another shock of information, Wei Ying couldn't hold his patience back anymore and was ready to ask a million and more questions.

"Sit and drink this, after your eyes have healed, we can talk slowly."

Handing him the bowl of mysterious liquids, Wei Ying gulped down large amounts of it at a time, hurrying to question his supposed grandmother.

Wei Ying becomes even more shocked at the taste of the mysterious liquid as it finally hits him that the liquid burns down his throat. It's not the burning taste of alcohol, more like the burning of an acid.

Coughing and heavily breathing through his mouth, he looks over at Baoshan as she smiles back at him.

"Baoshan Sanren! My throat........." Wei Ying looks at her, pleading for help.

Standing in the middle of the room ever so graceful, she opens her mouth ready to respond.

"Well, it looks like the medicine worked very well."

Soon after, Wei Ying didn't fail to realize that the room wasn't pitch black anymore. He could see a woman in front of him, dressed in all black. The room was full of random bottles of some sort, papers taped neatly and orderly on the wall, and talismans placed at the windows and doors.

"-I- I can see now?" Wei Ying brought his hands towards his face, seeing all the wounds and cloth wrapped around his arm.

"You are very lucky. That fall would kill every single person but somehow, you-" Baoshan was interrupted by the small tears slowly dripping from Wei Ying's face.

"I thought- I thought I was never gonna see my family or anyone ever again."

Baoshan slowly walked over to Wei Ying, gently placing her hand on the top of his head, she strokes his head as if he was just the little kid that she remembered last seeing him.