My Brother... / To the Volcano

Start from the beginning

Tau headed back to the hyena who was a bit shocked at what he was seeing, "What are Pridelanders doing in the Outlands Tau? I thought that old geezer asked of you to keep them out of here!" the hyena asked of Tau which he grunted a bit at the comment of 'old geezer' but knowing that his brother never got along with him or Jasiri's clan. "I know, but their king seems to have been stung by a scorpion and the only cure is the ashes from the volcano." Tau explains to the hyena who groans at what Tau might be getting at.

"Please Janja! You know I can't handle them without you." Tau pleading to the hyena Janja who starts grunting at the complicated decision, "Fine! I'll help them get the stupid ash!" Janja answers.

The group were a bit confused and concerned by what Tau said, was there something more to this trip than they originally thought, "So then, who lives at the volcano exactly?" Fuli asked the group of hyenas and Tau who looks at each other's for a moment, "Ushari." Tau explains. "So, this Ushari is like dangerous?" Fuli followed up which Bunga jumps in, "Whoever this Ushari is, he won't think twice messing with us!" raising his paws in fist ready to fight.

Tau and Janja gives a chuckle at the comment, "That's not something special, even these fur brains over there could win a fight against him." Janja remarks pointing at two hyenas who are chewing on themselves for fleas (Cheezi and Chungu).

Fuli looks a bit questionable at this conversation, "If Ushari is so easy to handle, then why are you scared?" which Tau did not take well to that, "I'm not scared! Just that I know none of you Pridelanders have much experience in fighting, and Ushari isn't the only one who lives at the volcano." He looks over where the volcano was visible in the distance.

"We had better hurry and get a move on if we are to make it there and back for you to save your king." Tau changing the subject made a charge forward towards the volcano with Janja, the hyenas, and the Pridelanders following behind.

They had followed a winding path towards the Volcano, though Ono had caught a few extra paths that could had made the travel shorter until it was time that Fuli questions what his game at avoiding those paths, "Alright Tau! What's with taking the long way?!" Tau looking back at the cheetah not surprised that she had started more trouble with him, "What's the problem this time Cheetah?" he groans, "We had walk passed three paths that could cut our trip to the Volcano that much shorter and you choose to go the long way around!" which the others Pridelanders were surprised in hearing but Ono who was the one reporting it.

Tau gave a slight chuckle, "That's the problem with you Pridelanders, living the easy life while we Outlanders have to live the harsh life." Fuli misinterpreting takes it as his mocking them, "So what? You are taking us the long way because it makes you feel better about yourself?!" she hisses at Tau with Janja jumping in the way giving a grow, "Watch yourself!"

"It's OK Janja, I'm used to her remarks. And I didn't say that because I want you Pridelanders to struggle, I may not like Pridelanders but I'm not going to abandon or deceive you guys. But if you can handle walking past a swarm of Scorpions then I'm willing to head back and lead you guys." Tau said which the others were surprised to hear, "Swarm of Scorpions?" Makini panicked, "They're everywhere around the volcano, and this path is the only safe route around them." Tau explained leaving Fuli with no remark to that.

They may want to get there fast but not if it means risking their lives, "How does this have anything to what you said earlier?" Fuli asked Tau who remarks back, "If it was just me then I could easily have gotten past them, but I wouldn't be able to guarantee your safety." Tau finished explaining. They had to finally agreed that if what Tau explained was true then it was better to follow his lead, and none of them wanted to test otherwise.

Arriving at the base of the Volcano the group were glad to be making time to get the ash, but with each step up the slope, a grim feeling grows ever more with Tau.

"Is everything alright?" A voice reached out to Tau bringing him out of his thoughts. Seeing the one was Beshte, at least someone who was a bit more tolerable than the cheetah who had to pick a fight with him with ever small thing. Giving a sigh, "It's all good, just wished I've never had to come back to this place again." Tau said giving a glance around, "We should hurry before time runs out." He finished, making their way up the hill to the fiery pit of lava where a pair of six eyes peer down from the shadows.

"Look who came trespassing, isn't that Tau? Mistress won't be happy seeing him again." A voice from the group whispers to the others.

A/N:

Hey Everyone, sorry for the disappearance but I was currently struggling with a problem that I have been having since July (Only recently I actually went to the doctors to get it checked) I am still being examined and tested for what might be wrong with me.

Though it had been going on since July, it was minor at the time and I had not bothered going to the doctor to get it checked, we had originally thought it might had been a flu or stomach bug on what was wrong with me but as it had constantly happened and grew worse with each passing month I couldn't handle it any longer.

Eating had become harder on me slowly, though it wasn't shut off completely and I would find food that would settle down, on a normal case I would gag it back out. (Throw up) and am currently the test is for possible Diabetes.

I will say the pain is slowly dropping and keeping food down is a little easier on me after taking a med, but I will need to wait for the result till I get the final word on this.

I will try to get things back on schedule as soon as possible, though with my shifts at work about to change I may change the release dates as well for chapters as well. At the start of December, it will be:

Monday: The Outlander Siblings & The Lion Guard :: The Great Evil
Tuesday: The Lion Guard :: The Great Evil
Thursday: The Outlander Siblings

I may also start upping the length per a chapter (Depends if the story allows it) but that isn't a guarantee.

Sorry again and I hope to return back to normal and create more content.