Chapter 1

The gang is in a conference room sitting in the chairs.
Mark, Lexi, Teddy and Jackson were standing in the corners of the room with flashlights in their hands. They cut off the power so the E.R. and Main Doors would remain close. Miranda has a battery powered radio to her ear holding little Tuck in her arms. April was clutching Jackson crying. Meredith, Alex, Cristina, Derek, Owen, Callie and Arizona were sitting at the table. Sofia is in Arizona's lap. Zola is in Meredith's and Bailey is in Derek's.
"Okay so there are strange creatures outside." Richard begins speaking standing at the head of the table.
"I think you mean zombies chief" Alex interrupts.
"Alex we don't know that for sure."Meredith comments.
"Common Mere. They have no brain intelligence and we just saw them eat a patient. Please explain how they aren't zombies." Alex debates.
"Okay fine they are zombies."Meredith gives up.
"Anyways the, 'zombies' are outside and we have to get out safely if we want to survive."
"Why do we need to leave?"Derek asks.
"We need supplies, food, water at least we need to fortify the walls of this hospital. Keep the living in and the dead out." Owen states.
The group starts talking of a plan with each other.
"Guys shut up I'm getting something" Miranda says turning the volume of the radio up.
Attention all survivors. I repeat attention all survivors. If you are in the Seattle area this is a highly recommended suggestion that you evacuate immediately as this epidemic is trying to be controlled. Whatever you do, you need to stay out of the city. There is an hour before the CDC comes in and takes military action against this. I repeat an hour.
"An hour that's not enough time." Cristina states.
"No so we need to work quickly and efficiently. Callie and Arizona will get extra scrubs for everyone. Owen and Cristina you will try to round up as much food and water as you can. Derek and Meredith go get medication and scalpels, if anything we can use them as weapons. Mark and Lexie are going to go and get anything from the nursery so that we can help these little ones survive. Alex and Teddy stay here and watch the kids while I go get something out of my office. Any of you see anything useful grab it.Does everyone understand what their assignment is?" Webber asks.
He receives nods and agreements.
"Be back here in half an hour."Richard commands. "Stay safe."