Chapter One: New Year

Authur's Note:

Alright, let's begin with the boring stuff. First of all, this is my very first and probably only Harry Potter fanfiction. I REPEAT, this is my FIRST H.P Fanfiction, so please be a dear and go easy on me; very much appreciated! I do not promise that it will be very good nor will it be accurate. I am positive that I will have some mistakes so once again please go easy on me. I do in fact, LOVE Harry Potter but sadly, I am not very good at writing, so I stick with the easy ones; hint: Twilight. I am going out of my comfort zone and am writing this story. I do hope you guys at least sorta like it or enjoy my awful storytelling with this. 

This story will be about Severus Snape and Aurora Potter (OC). Snape is a professor (obviously) and Aurora is a student. If you're not into that kind of things then I suggest you kindly look elsewhere. Also, I will not follow the original storyline.

~ △ ~

No one truly believed that it was an option, it was a ridiculous idea and yet it was approved. The second that it was certain; the daily prophet send word out. With bold black letters, the heading read; 'The Marriage Law Has Been Approved'. Once everyone read it, they were outrage. Why were they forcing such stupid thing to happen?The law itself was stupid and unfair so why was there a law taking away the freedom to love? It was one of the many questions unanswered and everyone wanted to know; who would support this law?

The Hogwarts expressed came to a slow stop, pulling sixteen-year-old Aurora Potter from her thoughts. With the Daily Prophet in her hands, she sighs. "This is fucken stupid. How dare the ministry do something so cruel," Aurora slammed the paper on the floor, glaring at it. 

Right next to her Hermione-- bushy brown hair muggle-born witch, rolled her pretty brown eyes. "Rora, stop reading that. You're only getting yourself angier." 

Aurora pulled her long black hair, "but 'mione, that's utter bullshi---"

Hermione shoot her a glare, "language," she scolded Aurora.

Aurora rolled her bright green eyes, "damn language. Damn the fucken ministry. This affected the both of you more than me." 

Hermione raised her eyesbrow, telling Aurora to continue. "It doesn't say anything about half-blood, only about purebloods and muggle-born. Hint, you're the muggle-born and I'm the half-blood. It affects you more than me."

Hermione got up from her seat as she stared at Aurora's beautiful green eyes and sighs, "this affects us all, but we can't do anything about it. It's been approved. What's done is done." 

Aurora angrily pushed back her long wavy black hair, " I wish I can shove the law up their ars--" Hermione's glare stopped Aurora from finishing her sentence, so instead she shook her head and followed Hermione out the booth. 

As Hermione and Aurora came out of the train, Aurora quickly set out to look for her twin brother Harry Potter. Hermione stopped him with their other friend, Ron Weasley. Ron had his family signature hair; bright red hair, but though he's tall, he's a stocky build-- unlike his twin brothers Fred and George; which were both tall and lanky. 

Upon seeing his beautiful sister, Harry smiled. Although he was with her for most of the ride, he sighed in relief whenever he sees her. However, his smile dissappears once he sees the frown on her face. "What's wrong, Rora?" he asked, his face showing concern. 

Aurora sighed, "it's the stupid law." 

Harry jaw locked, of course he knew what she's talking about. Everyone from the wizarding world knew about the new law that came out last night. And of course, he was extremely worried for his sister sake. He didn't want anyone to marrige her, she was so young. Their parent's wouldn't want her to be forced to marriage some stranger or worse, one of her enemies.