Chapter 6: The Pre-Battles of the War

Bibi's POV

Bibi had heard about Shelly's speech, so she decided to go even though she was still a little shy around people still after what happened.

"I need to act tough." Bibi said as she gave herself a pep talk in her shattered hand mirror. She looked straight into her own eyes. She saw all the possibilities that could happen to those very eyes. The bad, the good.

"If you want to go to that speech thing," Bull said, waiting impatiently at the door. "Than you should probably start getting ready!"

"Fine." Bibi said sassily.

Bibi got on her shoes and walked all the way to Shelly's humble abode. She creaked open the door to see several other people sitting on chairs in Shelly's living room.

Shelly's POV

Shelly paced back and forth, back and fourth.

"How am I going to do this!?" She cried quietly.

"It's alright, Shell." Colt reassured her.

"I told you not to call me that!" Shelly blushed.

"Ha ha. You really should-" Colt said when he took a glance in a giant book that all Shelly could see of the title was Bibi's.

"I should what?" Shelly snapped.

"Get ready! Your speech is in three!" Colt nervously said as he went into the living room and took a seat in the audience.

Shelly looked at her note cards for the speech and sighed.

"I'm going to do this the right way." She said as she threw her note cards on the ground.

Jessie's POV

Jess ran to Shelly's house. Hopefully, she hadn't started her speech yet. Jessie wanted to say everything in her speech was untrue. Finally, Jessie barged into Shelly's home.

"- Give me liberty, or give me death." Jess heard Shelly finish. The room filled with applause. People cheered and stood up.

"Stop!" Jessie said hastily, but nobody noticed. Well, for that matter, one person noticed. Pam wrapped Jessie in her arms.

"Glad to see you." Pam smiled.

"Get off me, brawler!" Jessie yelled.

"Well you're just the same," Pam said, her face getting serious. " Traitor."

All off the color drained from Jessie's face. She wanted to throw out an insult, but she was speechless. Jessie could barely move a muscle, even her heart slowed down. Finally, her eye twitched. The twitch turned into several twitches, then to tears flowing down her cheeks. People started to notice.

"Becoming a brawler was the worst decision of my life!" Jessie managed to say between sniffles.

"But do you think becoming a Clash Royale troop will help?" Shelly asked in the quiet room. Murmurs could be heard throughout the room as Jessie made up her mind.

"I guess it didn't," Jessie squeaked with embarrassment. "But now... I don't know what to say."

"I know becoming a brawler wasn't a bad decision for me." Colt said. He walked over to her and whispered something in her ear.

"I knew it!" Jessie exclaimed. She politely excused herself from Shelly's house and started to skip joyfully. "Colt and Shelly, sittin' in a tree," she sang as she skipped along, but then what she thought about made her stop dead in her tracks.

"What's up Jess?" A bandit said cheerfully.

"Am I on the brawler's side... or yours?" She asked the bandit.