Rebel Turned Royal Program

You were a nobody.

Absolutely no one.

You were the Baker's daughter. You woke up every morning to help your mother make breakfast, went to school, then went home to help your father in his bakery. You did that everyday, and you would continue to do that everyday. Even if you signed the Storybook of Legends, you would still continue to do what you had been doing.

You would never go on a big adventure, or marry some handsome prince, or do anything but give some bread to the hero or heroine before they set off on some far off journey to live happily ever after.

You had nothing to look forward to. No excitement, fun, or anything but flour and eggs.

That's why you chose to be a rebel. You wanted something more than what your heritage offered you. Of course, you loved your father and loved baking too, however, you wanted something more than just watching bread rise. 

It's not like it really mattered anyway. You were the nobody. Whether you did or didn't follow your destiny didn't matter to anyone. It wouldn't change anything for anyone else for the better or worse. 

Which was why it was such a surprise when Lizzie Hearts came into Crownculus and came around handing out various cards. One of which was given to you. 

You considered not going. After all, you had work to do. But the card mentioned the word 'mandatory' along with a signature from Headmaster Grimm.

As you kept reading, your eyes landed on the royal that they partnered you up with. You let out a sigh.

"Daring Charming..."

You couldn't believe you had to do this. You dragged your feet to the Grimmnasium. Once you got to the entrance, you took a few deep breaths. "Here goes nothing, I guess." You pushed open the doors, and were greeted to the smell of flowers and the sight of glitter. 

Then, an angelic voice broke your focus, "Welcome to our program. Thank you so much for joining us!"

A flower crown was placed on your head along with a basket of cookies and other sweets being placed into your hands. You looked over to see Apple and Blondie giving you wide smiles. You gave them a small smile in return, "Uh, thanks."

"Alright," Apple placed a hand onto your back, "Just pick a chair over in the center, and we'll get started soon, okay?"

You gave her another smile before slowly making your way to the middle of the room. There was a circle of chairs facing inwards. You picked a chair and set your things down. You looked around and saw some familiar faces. And they all looked like they were just as unenthusiastic as you were to be here. 

You decided to nibble on a few treats as more rebels started to file into the room. Each and every one was wearing a flower crown and had a basket of sweets. 

Hopefully this would start soon so that you could leave. You had already called your parents to let them know that you'd be late, however, that didn't mean that you didn't want to be home super late. 

Finally, Apple stepped between a few chairs and stood in the center of the chairs. "Welcome everyone. Thank you all so much for meeting up for this hexciting experience!" She threw her arms out in a grand gesture. A few doves flew down from somewhere and landed on her arms. 

"Now, I can see that not every seat is filled unfortunately, meaning that some of our royals are going to be rebel-less. So, some of you will have to be partnered with two royals instead of the initial one. I hope this isn't disappointing to anyone."

No one seemed to really care too much about what was being said. It seemed as if they all just wanted to get out of here, just like you.

Apple cleared her throat, "Soo, if there are no questions, then let's all spread out and get with our partners."

You picked up all your things and made your way to Daring's booth. It wasn't hard to find it, after all, it did have his name spelled out of rhinestones.

You settled down into your chair. However, Daring didn't notice you at first. He was posing in front of his mirror. You waited for a few minutes, but he still seemed too enamoured with his reflection to notice anything.

Finally, you decided to get his attention by obnoxiously clearing your throat. However, he just continued to ignore you.

So, you decided to just, start gathering your stuff up, "You know, Daring, if you're just gonna stare at yourself all day, maybe I should just go home."

You stood up and took a few steps toward the exit. Daring finally looked away from his mirror, "Oh, I'm sorry, I hadn't noticed your arrival, fair maiden."

You let out a sigh and rolled your eyes, "Yeah, you really didn't," then you faced him and collapsed back into your chair. 

Daring flashed his famous smile and grabbed one of your hands. "It is an honor to be your partner, Fair Maiden."

"Uh, yeah," you took your hand out of his grip before he could kiss it, "thanks. Um, could we get this over with? I really shouldn't be missing from my home, I got a job to do."

"Oh, come now. You don't want to spend the next hour with me?"

You looked him in the eyes, "Please? I really need to get home."

Finally, it seemed as if he understood what you were saying. He looked down at his clipboard to check the agenda. "Alright, once we talk about why I'm a royal and you're a rebel, then you're free to go. Uh, why don't you go first?"

You took a deep breath and avoided eye contact with the prince. "I... Don't really matter. Not to sound edgy or anything, but it's true. I'm the daughter of a baker, who also comes from a long line of bakers. So, I'm gonna end up as a baker if I sign the Storybook of Legends. I don't get to go anywhere fun, or meet any interesting people, or do anything but bake for the rest of my life. You probably wouldn't understand, since you're a handsome prince who gets to save the day and become king. But, I want so much more than what my destiny has for me. So, I don't think I can sign the book, and I don't think there's anything you can say that'll make me change my mind."

Daring just continued to stare at you. He was speechless.

"I, uh, you can go now, if you'd like."

After hearing what he said, you broke out into a big smile. You looked into his eyes once more, "Thank you so much, Daring. I'll try to come next week or something, but I can't guarantee anything."

Then you headed to he exit as he stared after you.