Chapter 2

The next day, Vernon placed bars onto Harry's windows so he wouldn't be able to leave without anyone knowing. After the letter came in, your father forbid him from going back to Hogwarts. He had nearly forbidden you as well, but Harry had come to your rescue and said you had nothing to do with the unfortunate cake incident. However your father watched you even more closely to make sure you didn't try anything either.

One night while you were sleeping though, you heard hat sounded like a car engine hovering outside your window. You sat up in bed, utterly perplexed by the sound. You got up and walked over to your window to see what was going on and were thrilled to see Ron and his older brothers! They were sitting in a flying car right by your window, so you pushed it up and stuck your head out, a joyful grin on your face.

"Ron? What on earth are you doing here?" you said, just loud enough for him to hear over the car but quiet enough for your parents not to hear you.

"Coming to get you and Harry of course! Is your trunk packed?"

"Yes! Let me grab it."

You turned to your room again and dragged it over to the window. Ron's older brothers helped pull it in while you, still clad in your sleep clothes, grabbed Soren and hopped into the car. Then you made your way to Harry's bedroom window. He awoke with a start, and after seeing you and Ron peering through the window at him, he ran over. "Hiya Harry!" Ron said.

"Ron," he said, a smile creeping onto his face, "Fred, George, (y/n)! What are you all doing here?"

"Rescuing you of course!" you grinned.

"Now come on, get your trunk!" Ron added.

While Harry finished packing his bag, Ron attached a hook to the bars of the window and told Harry to stand back. One of the twins started driving the car away and the bars came off with a loud clang! You winced, you knew your parents were up now. The Weasley boys backed the car up to the window and the trunk popped open so that Harry could throw his trunk in on top of yours. As he loaded his trunk in, you could hear your father shout at the top of his lungs, "Potteeeerrr! "

"Hurry Harry!" you shouted urgently. Next came Hedwig, who Ron took and handed to you. You placed her on the seat next to you and turned back to help Harry into the car. Just then, his bedroom door flew open and Vernon came running in, hollering at the top of his lungs! Harry's eyes widened in fear and he leapt into the car, just barely making it, but Vernon lunged forward and grabbed onto his leg. You and Ron desperately tried to pull him free while the twins began trying to drive away, but his fingers were starting to slip loose from yours and Ron's hands.

"Hold on Harry!" you shouted desperately.

"Oh no boy, you and that bloody pigeon aren't going anywhere!"

Finally, Harry broke free and you and Ron pulled him into the car. "Step on it Fred!" Ron hollered, and off you were, flying through the night.

A few hours later, the car began swooping down from the sky and towards a rather hap-hazardous looking house. The car landed with a jolt and you awoke with a start, looking around at your new surroundings. "Where are we?" you asked groggily.

"Home sweet home!" one of the twins said, turning to grin at you.

You all quietly snuck into the home, careful not to wake anyone who may be sleeping, Mrs. Weasley especially. As you walked through the house, you stared at all of the odd trinkets laying around. A clock sat on the wall with a hand for every member of the family that pointed to their designated chores. A pair of needles hovered above a chair knitting a sweater, and a scrub brush was busy cleaning dishes in the sink by itself.

You cocked your head at the sights and smiled at the clock. The Weasley's smiled back and you giggled. "It's not much," Ron said, breaking the silence.

"I think it's brilliant!" Harry grinned. Suddenly, a shrill and panicked voice snapped you out of your peaceful stupor as a woman with flaming red hair appeared at the bottom of the stairs. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" she shrieked, standing in the doorway. When she spotted you and Harry huddled together, your eyes wide with fear, she smiled sweetly.

"Harry! (Y/n)! How wonderful to see you!" she said, her voice suddenly warm and welcoming. You and Harry looked at each other in amused confusion when she turned back to the boys. "Beds empty! No note! You could've died! You could've been seen!"

"They were starving him mum!" Ron defended, "There were bars on his window!"

"You best hope I don't put bars on your window Ronald Weasley!" she shouted, then turned back to you and Harry with a soft smile on her face, "Care for a spot of tea you two?"

Mere minutes later, Mrs. Weasley had all of you seated at the table with your plates piled high with delicious foods. Ron's house and family was so much more different than yours, and you loved everything about that. Everyone clearly loved each other, and while the house wasn't entirely in the best condition, it was warm and welcoming, and quite frankly, perfect. You loved it!

A small red haired girl bounced into the kitchen while you ate and said, "Mummy have you seen my jumper?" Her eyes landed on Harry and they widened. She took a step back, then turned and dashed back up the stairs. What was that all about? you wondered. "That was Ginny, she's been talking about you all summer. Dead annoying really," Ron said, rolling his eyes.

George's eyes lit up a moment later and he cheered, "Dad's home!" You turned and watched as a red haired man with worn out robes walked through the front door and grinned at everyone. "What a night!" he said, "Nine raids! Nine!"

"Raids?" you asked Ron.

"Dad works for the Ministry of Magic in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts office."

"Misuse of Muggle Artifacts...?"

"When wizards bewitch something to drive muggles mad. Shrinking door keys, that kind of thing. Dad loves muggles, thinks they're fascinating."

Mr. Weasley hung up his cloak and blinked at you and Harry. "Well now who are you?" he asked.

"Harry, sir, Harry Potter, and this is my cousin (y/n) Dursley."

"Good lord are you really? Ron's told us all about you two! When did you get here?"

Mrs. Weasley answered for you, her voice suddenly dark and serious, "This morning. Your sons flew that enchanted car of yours to Surrey and back last night."

"Did you now! How'd it go?" Mr. Weasley caught his wife's eye and he cleared his throat. "I...I mean that was very wrong boys. Very wrong indeed. So, Harry, (y/n), you two must know all about muggles! Tell me, what exactly is the use of a rubber duck?"

Harry was about to answer, when the two of you noticed an owl soaring towards the kitchen window. To your horror, the poor creature didn't pull up but instead flew right into the glass with a loud smack! Mrs. Weasley, with an unfazed look on her face, said, "That must be Errol with the post. Fetch him will you Percy?"

Percy stood up and went to pick up poor Errol. When he came back in, he laid the unconscious bird on the draining board and grabbed the letters clutched in his talons. "It's our Hogwarts letters!" he grinned, "They've sent (y/n)'s and Harry's as well!"

George handed you and Harry your letters and you tore them open. "Dumbledore must know you're here. Doesn't miss a trick, that man!" Mr. Weasley smiled. You looked over at Fred, who suddenly seemed upset with the list of books. "This lot won't come cheap, mum. The spellbooks alone..."

"We'll manage. Right then! There's only one place to get all of this"

"Diagon Alley!" everyone cheered.