Chapter 3

Mrs. Weasely gathered you all in front of the large fireplace after you all had eaten, cleaned yourselves up, and dressed in your school robes. She picked up a pot that was hung off the brick wall beside the fire place, and gestured for you to come up and go first. "Here we are, (y/n), you go first dear," she said, offering you the pot.

"But (y/n)'s never traveled by floo powder before mum!" Ron said.

"Floo powder?" you asked, peering into the pot. It was filled with a light gray dust that slightly resembled ash. "Oh, then you go first Ron, so that Harry and (y/n) can see how it's done." Ron nodded and stepped into the fireplace. You sent Harry a confused look, as if he'd have the answer, but he only shrugged in response! Mrs. Weasely ushered everyone back away from the fireplace, which only made your confusion grow. Ron grabbed a handful of the dust in the pot, then shouted, "Diagon Alley!" at the top of his lungs. He threw the dust down onto the floor of the fireplace and you stifled a scream as huge green flames leapt from out of the floor and swallowed him up! You and Harry clung to each other as the flames died down and didn't leave so much as a piece of smoking fabric in Ron's place! "What the bloody hell?" you muttered under your breath.

"You see?" Mrs. Weasley said, stepping in front of you again, "It's quite easy dear, don't be afraid, come on!" You hesitated, still trying to understand what exactly had happened, when Fred nudged you forward and said, "Go on, it's not as scary as it looks." "If you say so!" You pulled your arm out of Harry's grasp and grabbed a handful of the dust before stepping into the fireplace. Despite being ablaze with green fire not three minutes prior, it was surprisingly cool! You took one last look at the faces in front of you before shouting , "Diagon alley!" and throwing down the dust. Your eyes squeezed shut as the sense of falling filled you. Then, all at once, the feeling disappeared and you tumbled through a door and into a familiar, busy cobblestone street! A pair of arms caught you and helped you stand up properly.

"Thanks Ron," you said, seeing his fiery red hair before his face. "No problem! Where's Harry?"

"On his way I think." A moment later, someone else came stumbling out of the door. However, instead of having wild, dark hair like Harry, this boy had red hair! "George," Ron spoke up, "where's Harry?"

"We dunno," Fred said, popping through the door after his brother, "He said Diagonally instead of Diagon Alley!"

"Oh bloody hell," Ron muttered, kicking at rock on the road.

"Well we're going to find him, right?" you asked nervously.

"Oh yeah, Mum and Dad just need to get here and then we'll go looking for him."

You breathed a sigh of relief. A few minutes later, Percy, Ginny, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley joined the rest of you out on the street. "Alright everyone," Mr. Weasley said, gathering everyone around, "We need to find Harry. Hopefully he only went one or two grates away from where he was supposed to, so he'll be around here somewhere. Buddy up, and we'll meet in front of Flourish and Blotts in one hour!"

The family dispersed and you and Ron paired up to go looking for your lost cousin. As the two of you wandered the streets in search of Harry, you would occasionally ask people if they had seen the lanky, wild-haired, bespectacled boy, but they never had. You were beginning to lose hope as your hour ticked by, and you and Ron sat on a shop window ledge to take a break from walking. "I hope we find him soon," you said, worried about Harry.

"I'm sure we will! He's got to be around here somewhere," Ron said, trying to comfort you.

A fluffy haired girl walked by the two of you, and your eyes lit up. "Hermione!" you cheered, and she turned around and grinned!