Chapter 4 - We need to Talk.

My shift was almost over, the laundry was closed for anyone bringing in laundry, and still no sign of Mendez, I was starting to get oddly worried. Going through all the dirty clothes, thinking to myself, a loud noise suddenly comes from the entrance, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Its closed!" I shouted to whoever decided to show up late, and of course with my luck, there he stood, holding a big bag of laundry, staring me down. "Not for me, its not." He said with a stupid smirk.

I write down his number and hand it to him, trading for his oversized laundry bag. Sometimes I don't mind doing the guards laundry, but sometimes it just becomes annoying because they will give their clothes from the whole week, like he did. "You're late." I say with a cheeky smirk to break the silence, he looks me in the eye, damn it, caught his eyes again. "Well I did say I was coming, didn't I? I didn't specify a time." I roll my eyes, "Okay, well you know the deal. Your clothes should be ready by tomorrow afternoon, I might not be working that shift, so just collect them from whoever is working that shift." He starts to walk out while nodding his head, before turning on his heel as if he forgot something, "Oh and make sure you empty all the pockets, I don't want my clothes to get messed up." I get annoyed that he didn't do that himself, but I give a huge obvious smile and a thumbs up, "You got it!" He then replies by flipping me off and walking out the door. What an asshole.

Searching the pockets, I feel a piece of paper, probably from his Shot notebook, I take it out expecting to see who has been getting shots lately, and instead I am greeted with a neatly folded piece of paper that neatly reads Davis on it. Extremely confused I unfold the note and I am surprised to be greeted with what seems to be a letter from Mendez:

Davis.

We need to talk.

Meet me in the chapel after your shift ends.

Be there.

-You know who.

It seemed quite forceful, I have no idea what he was actually going for there. But I better show up, I don't want to think about what he might do if I dont obey. With that, I put the note in my pocket and carry on with my shift, not letting it distract me from my work.

In the chapel, all I could think about was what was this all about? Did he want to punish me for yelling at him? Try and sell me drugs? All these thoughts came rushing to my head I sat on the stage dangling my feet off the edge, that's when he walked in. As he came through the door, he immediately locked it behind him, and as he was walking across to lock the other door, he looked at me, not breaking eye contact for a second. This cannot be good.

Looking at the floor he strutted over to me, stopping next to me, not taking his eyes off the floor. I didn't know what to say, I couldn't speak out of the fear of why I was here. He then broke the silence, stuttering, "Um, I- I want to firstly apologise for my behaviour, its just when you said there's nothing going on between us, it upset me." I was very confused by this revelation. "Why?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, sounding more judgemental than I intended.

Instead of talking he lifted up his hand to my face and gently stroked my hair behind my ear. I regrettable flinched as he did this, receiving quite a hurt look from him. "You don't have to be afraid of me, I will never do anything to hurt you." This eased my mind, and I started to relax under his touch. But I was still confused, "Where is all this coming from?" I looked up at him, and for the first time I didnt try and avoid eye contact. "You are the only woman here that doesnt treat me like I am about to rape them or hates me. You give snarky comments back to me and play along, you hold your own and dont even care what I might do." All of that was not entirely true, but I didnt want to hurt him, and I started to let myself feel what I have felt in a long time.

I smiled, and held his hand against my cheek, which gave him the go-ahead to move his way in front of me, luckily since I was sitting, he didnt seem THAT much taller than me. He held my face gently and started to lean in, but I stopped it. "If we do this. Nobody can find out, I mean nobody, none of the inmates, I didnt want this to end up like Daya and Bennett." He nodded, "And no more drugs. You have to be better to Red, and after Tricia, I cant be with you if you are still going to do that shit." He hesitated, looked a bit angry for a split second, and then it faded, his face softened, and he gave me a small smile. "Deal." I gave him a huge smile and bit my bottom lip.

Gently, he pushed his lips against mine, and kissed me so tenderly, softly, softer than I could ever expect from him, soon our kiss became more and more passionate, but nothing came of it. I am not going to have sex with him, give him the wrong idea. Hopefully this works, because God forbid it didnt, this could end very badly for both of us.