Chapter 4: The Knight and the Dragon

Start from the beginning

"If you keep that up you'd propably be just used as cannon fodder." Earning laughter from the rest. He just shrugged it off and sat down.

3 weeks later

Without showing any improvements, but the captain wouldn't just give up on him. And now they were going up the mountains for a month for a survival training. They set up camp and they'd train tomorrow around noon.

"Do what you boys wants just don't go to far off camp and we won't have a problem." The captain goes off to sleep early.

The rest of the teens sat down near the fire, talking about the future as knights.

"Think of the battles we'd be in, the damsels we'll save."

"Don't forget about the songs we'd sing as we drink hearts out."

"Yeah songs about our heroism."

"That's if we would survive..."

"Hey don't be such a downer Gregory!"

"I'm merely stating facts."

That tears it one of the youths grabs him by the collar and gives him a swift hard hook to the jaw.

"You have no right to be here. I'd suggest you pack your things and go back to you wretched farm."

"I never wanted to be here anyways." Gregory spits blood and a tooth out. He went to his tent and five minutes later he has his bag and left the group.

"Hey you know the captain said that there are beasts living on this mountain."

"Yeah but he doesn't."

"Let it be his problem."

Greogry carefully descended down the mountain. He may not be strong but he is not stupid. Beasts lurk the shadowy forest. Unfortunately for him there was a bear currently dragging a lifeless body of a deer. The bear noticed him completely and started to chase him. With all his might he ran through the forest with the bear not far behind him. He stopped in front of a cliff face. He draws his sword pointing it shakingly at the bear, only for it to swipe it from his grasp with its strong claws. This is the end for Gregory.

A loud roar came from the top of the cliff. A head of a beast. It opened its mouth and blasted the bear in flames killing it. It came down and took the burnt bear with it. To eat it perhaps. Just before it can leave the moon was clear in the skies. Gregory saw a beautiful creature as it was enveloped in moonlight. Gregory couldn't look away from it he knows it dangerous but he couldn't.

The dragon looks at him as well looking unimpressed. She gave him somewhat of a scoff as she ate the bear. The human went closer. She threatened him with a roar. She didn't want to waste energy on a frail human anyways. But she did commend him for not running away at the sight of her. Gregory felt like he was in a trance and decided to talk to the dragon.

"Um thank you for saving me." He mustered the courage to thank the dragon. Only for it to ignore him as it continues to eat.

He tried many thing to get its attention. The dragon finally had enough and proceeds to roar at him again, but the human wasn't scared. It baffled her, once again she roared louder. He comes even closer. The dragon mouth starts to light up signaling him a fire breath. Yet for some reason he couldn't stop. He reaches out with his hand and looks down. He's both scared and confident. Scared that he'd be reduced to ash, confident that the dragon wouldn't. To his surprise the dragon let him touch her snout. His hand glowed it formed a mark of a dragon.

"You're very persistent." he heard a voice. He frantically looks around to find the source of the voice, until he realizes that the voice came from the dragon.