Lucy looked at (Name) worriedly, who gave a slight simper in return. "I don't like the feeling that just settled in my gut," (Name) admitted, a hand coming to rest on her stomach. Caspian gave her a slight sideways look.

"If we don't come back by dawn, send a party."

The group made haste around the town, heading for the main towers in the central part of the village.

"Eustace, could you check one of the nearby houses to see if there's anyone here," (Name) asked her brother. He nodded weakly, scurrying over to peer through the boarded-up window of a nearby cottage.

"Yeah, looks like nobody's in— do you think we should head back?" Edmund rolled his eyes at his cousin.

"Do you want to come here and guard... something?" He asked, obviously trying to keep Eustace busy for the time being. Eustace jogged over to his sister's side, and he was given a short dagger by Caspian.

"Yeah, I'll stay out here with him. Got a foil I can use just in case?" (Name) looked between Edmund and Caspian.

Caspian blinked at her owlishly. "I don't think it would be a good idea—"

"You can have mine." Edmund tossed her his sword, and she caught it with ease. Caspian stood frozen, acknowledging that he was out of the know of something.

"Put some faith in her, will you? Let's head in," Lucy pushed Edmund and Caspian forward, the latter with a confused divot carved between his brows. He shut the door behind him.

Once out of sight, (Name) tossed the sword between her hands, testing its weight and letting it come to rest in her dominant hand. "Alright, if anything happens, I need you to stay behind me—"

"Are you sure it shouldn't be the other way around, missy?" A gravelly voice called out from her left, their tone sending an eery shiver creeping up the siblings' spines. (Name) squared her stance, pointing her sword at the man with confidence. "Oh, you want a duel, do you? Sorry, we don't have the time for that."

At the man's words, several other brutish forms came charging from the shadowed alleyways at the siblings. The glint of steel bounced off of the stone walls, along with the chiming of several bells from amidst the cathedral. (Name) could scarcely hear the sound of fight from in the bell tower behind her, but her focus was driven on keeping these men at bay as long as possible.

Their movements were sloppy and unpracticed, and as much as (Name) took advantage of their inexperience, the sheer outnumbering made the task significantly more difficult. Especially when she heard the shrill scream of her younger brother. The fighting ceased and (Name)'s weapon was knocked from her hand.

She was easily restrained by a few men, and (Name) and Eustace were shoved roughly through the grand doors, a knife at each of their necks.

"Unless you want to hear this one squeal like a girl again," The man taunted, "I'd say you should drop your weapons." He pressed the dagger up against Eustace's neck as he struggled, causing the boy to freeze. "Put it down!" The man yelled. The Pevensies dropped their weapons, Caspian doing the same shortly after.

(Name) pulled at the men's arms, desperately trying to rip free of their grip. She felt a blow to the back of her knees, and (Name) fell to the ground with a yelp. The man sneered and grabbed her hair roughly, pulling (Name)'s head back with a grimace.

"This one'll fetch a nice price— Put them in irons!" The man pushed her head forward hard enough to push a whimper out of the girl's throat. She lay kneeling on the ground helplessly, shackles being placed around her wrists and her form being yanked up as if she were a rag doll. The tinny sting of blood seeped onto (Name)'s tongue as she bit her lip to hide her frustration

The Pevensies struggled against the goons, the cuffs finding their way against their forearms regardless of their efforts. "Let's take these three to the market. Send those two to the dungeons." The man in charge ordered, and the group were separated; Eustace, Lucy, and (Name), and Edmund and Caspian.

Caspian yanked at the chains, fury burning bright in his eyes. "Listen to me, you insolent fool! I am your king!" He growled, his arms pulling at the irons fiercely.

Edmund struggled harsher, and the man holding him hit the boy in the face. "You're gonna pay for that!" Edmund hissed. Angry redness spread up his cheekbones.

"Actually," The leader sneered, coming around the corner with a sly smirk on his face, "someone else is going to pay. For all of you."

(Name)'s shackles were tugged harshly, the force causing her balance to shift and her toppling over. She felt a sharp slap on her ear, as though the movement had been her doing, and she was pulled forcefully to her feet again. The ringing in her ears from the hit blurred out the sounds around her, but she could faintly make out the screaming of Edmund's name, and the screaming of her own, from a voice she had only recently became acquainted with.

~~~~~~