Chapter One

Chapter One:
Missing Children
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Did you hear that Georgie Denbrough went missing?" Heather Scott shook her head as she passed the whispering girls.

She was so glad it was the end of the day. Heather didn't know how much more she could take of the people at that school.

"No way! Who do you think took him?" A redhead excitedly asked.

Heather scoffed loudly, not bothering to back down when the redhead sent her a dirty look.

"No one took him, silly! He obviously got kidnapped." A blonde commented, slamming her locker shut.

"You stupid bitch." The same redhead commented, finally taking her glare off Heather. "that's what kidnapped means!"

"Oh, yeah."

She turned to the left, entering the bathroom.

"Look what the cat dragged in." A shrill voice interrupted Heather's thoughts and her peace.

"Greta Keene." Heather snarled glaring, "Get any less bitchy since yesterday?"

"Heather Scott." Greta snapped back. "Get any less annoyingly horrible?"

Heather rolled her eyes and raised her hands into a sarcastic clap, "Oh, how original! I'm so proud of you."

Greta growled, clenching her fist by her side. "You're insufferable!"

"Wow, big word! When'd you learn that?" Heather raised her middle finger and walked forward, making sure to shove Greta over in the process.

She didn't have time for Greta today. Or any other day. But today was a specifically a 'if one more person speaks to her I will punch them in the face without hesitation.' type day.

Heather listened to Greta's angry scream as she stomped out of the bathroom.

She shut the stall door behind her, dropping her backpack beside her. She set the lid down before taking a seat.

She took a deep breath, closing her green eyes. "Only eight months. That's  it. Eight."

Heather sat in the bathroom in silence for another few minutes before she stood, realizing she had left her homework in her locker.

Heather groaned, "Great."

She pulled her backpack onto her shoulders, opening the stall door.

Heather briefly greeted Beverly Marsh as she passed the redheaded girl.

She made her way to her locker, rolling her eyes when she saw the two  most annoying girls in school, besides Greta Keene.

"Did you hear what happened?"

"No! What?"

Students continued to chatter in the halls about Georgie's disappearance around Heather as she opened her locker and put her math and science book in her backpack.

"Georgie Denbrough went missing!" A tall blonde girl exclaimed, "That's like.. the fifth kid in three months."

Heather froze in her spot at those words. She felt terrible for Bill. A sibling going missing is bad enough! She couldn't imagine how he felt after being reminded of it all day long.

"Denbrough? Isn't he that stuttering freak's brother?" A shorter brunette girl laughed, "Probably ran away because he couldn't stand to listen anymore. G-G-G-Ge-Geo-Geo-Georgie!"

The blonde girl laughed in response, "Good one, B-B-B-B-Bi-Bi-Bi-Bil-Bill!"

Heather slammed her locker shut, turning to face the girls. The blonde was obviously startled as her brown eyes widened and her shoulders rose and fell quickly. The brunette looked annoyed rather than scared.

"Bill isn't a freak." Heather hissed, glaring at them. She saw the blonde girl gulp. "He has a speech impediment. Though, I'm not sure you even know what that word means. Have some damn human decency! The boy's brother went missing."

The brunette girl scoffed, "Having a speech impediment doesn't make him any less of a freak."

"Call him freak again and see what happens, you absolute fucking bitch!" Heather snapped, glaring at the girl. She could see the blonde getting more visibly uncomfortable every passing moment as she tugged on her best friend's shirt. "I won't fucking hesitate to beat the shit out of you, bitch. I've done it before. Plastic surgery won't fix it this time."

The brunette girl gasped, glaring at Heather before letting the blonde pull her away. Heather nodded to herself, flipping off the two girls as they strutted away.

Heather couldn't believe how insensitive they were being. His brother had disappeared and here they were! Calling him a freak and bullying him.

Secretly, Heather hoped they would go missing, but of course she would never say that out loud. The school would be better off, anyways. She made a mental note to make sure he was doing okay.

She pulled her red backpack strap over her shoulder, spinning to begin leaving the school.

She ignored the dirty looks from passing teachers and students, she didn't care about their opinions anyway.

Heather let the metal doors slam behind her as her feet pounded against the concrete stairs. The cold October air blew through her hair, nipping at her skin.

She pushed her thumbs under the torn backpack straps as she looked up at the sky.  It was cloudy.

Silently she walked over to her old bike. Worn down and ripped stickers covered the handle. She threw her right leg over and began to ride home.

The birds chirped around her, the ones that hadn't yet migrated south. Her eyes trailed to the forest, her brows furrowing when she noticed a clown standing there holding a red balloon waving at her.

Heather shrugged the strange occurrence, blaming it on the circus that was in town.

Yesterday was the last day, and she figured he was just taking a break from packing up.

Heather's eyes turned to look up at the sky again and she realized just how cloudy and dark the sky actually was. Must be another storm coming she thought to herself.

A shiver ran down Heather's spine and goosebumps covered her arms. Cold air bit at her skin and whipped through her long hair. She regretted not taking a jacket today.

Heather hated the cold. She preferred the warm sunny days when she could hang out at the bay by the lighthouse.

The cold kept her inside. She didn't like that. She hated doing nothing for hours on end every day. She hated doing nothing day after day after day. She hated having to spend her days inside with her father as he drank himself to death.

It made her feel like she was wasting her life away. She didn't want that. She wanted to live life to the fullest. To have fun before she was too old or too busy or too sick to do so.

After all, life is short.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

{ Word Count: 1090 }

{ A/n: I would die for heather :) }

{ Edited: Yes }