Act I, Chapter 1: A Vanquish to Remember

Zacznij od początku

DING DONG!

Drake Mallard: The Calamity Canards have been unstoppable for the past few months! But you're probably right,

[Enter Launchpad McQuack]

[twists the doorknob and opens it] Someone's probably not cooperating with the team.

Launchpad McQuack: Hey buddy!

Drake Mallard: Launchpad! Glad you arrived!

Gosalyn Mallard: At least you missed the big bummer round, Launch.

Launchpad McQuack: [enters the house as Gosalyn makes a spot for the pilot on the couch] Big bummer round? What do you mean Gos?

While Launchpad scooped a handful of popcorn, Gosalyn recalled the Calamity Canards, St.Canard's signature hockey team, losing this month. For the past two months, the hockey team has suffered a loss, and it disappointed both the duckling and Drake. But they're still hoping that the Calamity Canards would win next month's game.

Launchpad McQuack: [hopeful] Well, there's always next time, right?

Drake Mallard: [sits between Gosalyn and Launchpad] Always next time, LP.

Gosalyn Mallard: [yawns] Yeah, who knows what the next day could bring?

Suddenly, the TV shifts from the disappointing hockey game to the news.

News reporter: We interrupt this broadcast to bring you the latest St.Canard news: the city's local electric supply store is currently raided by the electrifying criminal Megavolt!

Drake Mallard: [shoots out from the couch] They're calling for us LP! It's time to-

Gosalyn Mallard: Bring me to your newest mission?

Both Drake and Launchpad shifted their views to Gosalyn, who was waiting for an answer from both of them.

Gosalyn Mallard: [puts her left hand on her hip] Well?

Drake worried about the danger the trio has faced the past few months, ever since Gosalyn's adoption. The duckling has joined him on his missions and encouraged him while beating a criminal down. Though, her independent actions as the Quiverwing Quack has worried Drake and-

Drake Mallard: [aside] Oh for god's sake-what am I thinking? I'm her father and I should make her recover from the Calamity Canards loss, including myself. I mean sure, it's too dangerous for her out there but...[looks at Gosalyn] You can come Gosalyn. Just...make sure to be very careful, alright?

Gosalyn Mallard: [huffs] Dad, I'm not a baby. We've been over this multiple times. My 11th birthday is coming up.

Drake chuckled lightly and turning off the TV, he rushed to the recliners while both Gosalyn and Launchpad trailed behind him.

All three: Let's get dangerous!
______________________________________________
St.Canard Electrical Supply Store:

[Enter Megavolt]

Inside the store, Megavolt was unscrewing a lightbulb from a lamp, and began to coo at it. While he treats the lightbulb as a pet, a purple mist surrounded him, as a familiar voice echoed in the ambience.

[Enter Darkwing Duck]

Darkwing Duck: I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the commercial break that interrupts your sitcom! I am-