"It's Devvy, and you need to leave." I whisper angrily.

"I need a ride is all, like an Uber..." His voice fluctuates; but not in a, 'wow so you're like an actor practicing' type way, but a prepubescent teen way. I didn't really sleep with this man did I?

"Can't you get yourself one?"

"Uhhhh, well ya see....about that...." He scratches the back of his head, giving me an apologetic look. Not only did I sleep with someone who sounds like a twelve-year-old, but I slept with someone who can't even afford a way back home. I'm getting a migraine.

I groan, getting the iPad from the kitchen island. I order him an Uber and tell him they'll be here in 15 minutes. All three of us wait silently in the kitchen, Harry throws away the burnt bacon bits and starts to clean the mess up. The stranger finally leaves after the most awkward 15 minutes of my life and my attention falls on the man in my kitchen.

His back is towards me, and I can see how toned his back is. His skin is tan and glowing, black ink trailing down his muscular arms. His black jeans are tight, really tight. His legs are skinny, his thighs about to bust open the denim pants. He looks like everyone else in Hollywood, his sly smiles charming any young and impressionable person, too bad his attitude reeks.

"Do I look delicious?"

My eyes frantically meet his green ones, and I can feel my cheeks turn pink. He sets down a plate of bacon and I take one, avoiding the question. I guess he actually cooked something before he lit the kitchen on fire.

"Take that as a yes." He grabs a piece as well, munching at it as he stares at me intensely. He devours the bacon and brings his thumb to his bottom lip.

I roll my eyes, only feeding into his ego even more. "When are you leaving?" I ask, giving him a fake smile. I can't tell if this guy is like this normally, or he just really wants to make a good impression with my dad... by hitting on me.

"Your father said you'd take me out sightseeing, being a tourist and all, I don't know what's around. We don't have a Hollywood sign in London, mainly because it's London, but I've come prepared." He leaves to the living room and comes back with a small green rectangle in his hand. "Bought one of these things, quite expensive. But I want to be shown California by a real Californian."

"Well, sorry to burst your bubble Harold, but my dad doesn't control what I do, and I already have plans. They have those tour bus rides though, drive around Beverly Hills and see houses famous people don't actually live in."

I grab the small piece of plastic from his hands and hold up to my face. I look through the viewfinder to see an emotionless boy in front of me. I move the flash button up on the front of the camera, and I snap the picture. He looks rather unamused.

"Harry,"

I look at him confused and hand the camera back to him.

"M'names Harry. You said Harold."

I let out a loud sigh, rubbing my temples. This boy must have selective hearing or something, did he not hear what I just said?

"Listen Harold, I don't care what you do or where you go, as long as you aren't here. My dad is probably at the office and if you need the address for it I'm more than happy to give it to you. You are my dad's client, and that's it. You are not my friend; I am not yours. I will not show you around, I will not spend any more time with you." I approach the boy towering over me, extending my body by standing on my tippy toes, getting inches from his face. My right index finger extends as my left arm crosses across my body. "You have a tough lesson to learn around here if you wanna make it big; judging by what I've seen you'll be lucky if you last a year our here. Your look is boring and overdone; black clothes with tattoos covering your arms? Pete Wentz has you beat. Conceited yet dull? Kim Kardashian says hello. Face it, you don't have what it takes to survive out here."

My chest moves up and down as I step back; first the bite, then the venom. His green eyes darken as his nostrils flare. His eyes drop to down as he balls his left fist up against his left thigh. He grits his teeth, as all his focus is directed to the wooden floor.

"Devvy!" I hear my best friend's voice come into the kitchen, the boy she brought home trailing behind her.

"Thanks." Is all he says finally looking at my face again. For the few milliseconds we make eye contact, I see his eyebrows are furrowed, his green eyes pulled together as his lips fold on top of each other. On his face I can see the...hurt? No that's not it. Loneliness? Disheartenment? Shock? He leaves the kitchen and I can hear his footsteps pad across the floor of the living room before climbing the stairs.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see Charlie giving me the dirtiest look, her eyebrows slanted downwards and her eyes beady. I know she heard what I said to him, and Charlie being Charlie, she goes to comfort him. She does this every time. She lets them in, and gives them hope and I'm... realistic. I've grown up in the industry; the nagging and flashes, the drama behind scenes no one expects. The media tears you down, the papers and magazines dig for a story that's not even there and everyone has something to say online.

My best friend leaves the kitchen without saying a word; she doesn't have to. She drags the guy behind her as she leaves the kitchen. She turns around to give me one last look before shaking her head, the guy looking back at me and giving me a crooked frown. He needed to hear it. If not from me, then who? Surely not his agent, and my dad definitely won't. He needed to hear it.

I look around at the kitchen, crossing my arms and leaning against the kitchen island. It's not even five minutes later and I hear all three of them come down the stairs together. Henry's explaining that he got the disposable camera to document his first 'real' California trip. I hear the flash click; I assume they took a picture together. Seconds later, I hear the door shut. Once again, Devlin, you're really that bitch.

.

a/n: unedited

long time no update. sorry its so boring, and i know you probably hate devlin right now, but i promise she has her reasons...you'll find them out soon.