19. Care & Concern

Looking down at her phone after waking up groggily, Stevie's eyes grazed the message sent by Leelee and as she read---she was left in slight confusion only because she was just waking up and getting out of being in a heavily induced sleep. Clearing her throat, she caught her assistant's attention.

"Are you okay?" Karen got up, nearing her boss.

"Read this to me," she handed her the phone so that she could maybe hear it in a different way, perhaps process.

"Uh... 'Just wanted to see how you were doing, I know my dad said you got pretty sick. When you have time, maybe we can meet up? I have important things to share and I wanna make sure you understand,' though she wrote it in text slang," she handed the phone back.

"Probably why I wasn't getting it," she shook her head, rubbing her eyes lightly. "Can you see if the doctor's around, I wanna go home..."

"Yeah," she agreed, taking off almost immediately.

Stevie then put her very spaced focus on her dog, petting her with as much energy she could conjure up in the moment of time.

-

When the morning light was hitting his face, Lindsey opened his eyes---kind of shifting to his other side. But shortly after, he thought about what day it was and he realized, he was to meet Stevie at her house. Picking up his phone, he looked at the time and decided to get up. How are you feeling? What time will you be home? he texted her.

Feeling his movements, his wife opened her eyes and watched him get ready to get up with his phone in his hand, knowing he was probably checking on Stevie.

Most of their marriage that seemed to be the only thing he really concerned about other than his children, though there was a time he had concerned himself with her, but once she had the baby, all attention was on William.

Lindsey went forth with washing up for the day---obviously getting his schedule in order.

As he headed out of the bathroom, "Where you off to?" Kristen asked, just out of general curiosity as she started to sit up.

"I'm supposed to help Stevie... She's getting out of the hospital today---" he assured, putting his watch on.

"Oh... And how is she---you never said and I just heard it from the media."

"Um, she's better. They only kept her this week because it was an emergency and she needed treatment right away," he replied in a very calm matter, not thinking much of the fact that it was his wife who was asking about the other woman.

She kind of nodded her head, then looking at him, she paused. "Try not to do too much---you are still healing and I'd hate for you to get hurt."

"I should be fine... The day shouldn't be too strenuous, but thanks," he gave a small lip curl. "I should be back later to see the kids and then I'll, more than likely, spend the night at Stevie's. But you can call me if you or the kids need anything."

Nodding, "I am gonna try and see if I can maybe find out who bought the house... It's gonna be hard, but I wanna make sure you have what you need."

Before he could walk out, he stopped and turned to look at her. "Why are you being so nice to me?" he had to question despite his calmness. "Thought you'd be trying to throw me out after I told you all that stuff."

"You were honest," she simply replied. "I sold your house, the least I could do is try and get it back so you have somewhere to go. If I know Stevie, in sorts, she's very step by step even if her emotions take over. And I'm still worried you are trying to take on too much, just because you aren't completely healed. It's only been a couple months and they said it would take a year to heal."