The two of us got into his car and I decided to leave my window down this time, but I did turn on the radio. However, I didn't blast it like I usually did. I decided to just leave it as it was, peering out the window in peace as we drove to school. "You okay over there, Phina?" Enzo asked softly, pulling into the parking lot of our school, the one for the students. I turned to him and paused, unbuckling my seatbelt. "I'm nervous. What if I fail Mrs. Janson's test?" I fretted, furrowing my brows. I'd been studying hard for the little quiz that she announced we'd be having today, but I was still feeling anxious at the possibility of failure. His lips twitched up before he full on grinned, chuckling to himself as he shook his head. "You'll be fine. You're smart, kitten, and you study like it's your job. I'd be a thousand times more surprised if you failed than if you passed." He snorted, shaking his head softly as he unbuckled his own seatbelt.

Realizing that he was probably right, I let out a heavy sigh and shoved my worries away as best as I could, nodding my head. "You're right." I sighed, getting out of the car with him. He smiled and shrugged his shoulders, locking his car doors with a click of a button. "Of course I am. I know you like the back of my hand. You're going to do great." He encouraged me with a smile, another blush finding my cheeks as he pulled me into his side with his arm around my shoulders.

And just like that, my worries were all forgotten.

**

"You always take your sweet ass time, don't you?" Lorenzo snorted as we sat in Mrs. Janson's class after the bell rang to dismiss everyone. Well, I was sitting, anyways. Enzo was just standing, or more like leaning, against my desk while he waited for me to finish packing my things back into my backpack.

"You're rushing me again." I pouted, hurriedly zipping my backpack closed before I stood up and slung it over my shoulder. He just chuckled and grabbed my hand, leading me out of the classroom that was already empty aside from the teacher. As we left, I could help but to smile and wave at her. "Bye, Mrs. Janson! Have a nice weekend." I bid her, causing her to smile back at me and wave me goodbye. Beside me, Enzo chuckled as we walked out of the class and began down the hall, a smile on his pink lips. "You're such a teacher's pet." He teased, causing me to frown. "Is that a bad thing?" I wondered, looking up at him curiously. To me, it wasn't bad that my teachers all liked me. They were still just people, after all, and I wasn't going to be mean to them.

Lorenzo smiled and shook his head. "No. But...to some people it is." He hummed, only making me frown more. "Why?" I asked, furrowing my brows. He glanced down at me and just looked at me for a second, as if he was thinking of something. "Well, they say you're a nerd. Some people think that you're just sucking up to the teachers." He shrugged, making me gasp softly. "What? Who?" I wondered, but I had a feeling that I already knew. And when he stayed silent, my thoughts were confirmed. "It's Malachi, isn't it?" I sighed.

Malachi was one of Enzo's friends that we sat with during lunch, but Malachi didn't like me too much. He always rolled his eyes when Enzo and I would talk or when I would do homework at the lunch table. He had said more than once that I was a nerd that Enzo would be better off dropping as a friend, and Enzo always defended me. Always.

"Yeah." He confirmed in a soft tone, holding open the school door for me to go out first. I smiled softly as he stepped out and pulled me into a hug. "But we both know that he's just a dickwad to you, and I'm sorry about that." He said, causing me to smile slightly. I wrapped my arms around him and glanced up. "Do you think I'm a nerd, too?" I asked, curious. He looked down and smiled. "What's wrong with being a nerd? You're smart and kind and strong, Phina. And if we're being honest, Malachi is probably just upset he doesn't have a friend as amazing as you." He grinned, squeezing me tightly in his tight grasp. I felt my lips pull up into a smile, my knees growing weak. "Thank you." I said softly.

He chuckled and pulled away, grabbing my hand again before he began to lead me towards his corvette. "But you are a nerd." He said playfully, causing me to laugh as he unlocked the doors. I knew he was only playing with me.

Both of us grinned the whole way home, the wind making my hair fly around as it blew in through the open windows. I squealed as we pulled into his driveway, the wind abruptly stopping, which left my hair a mess. Quickly as possible, I fixed my hair and we got out of his car, straightening out my clothes when I stood. "You nervous?" Enzo asked, causing me to furrow my brows. About what? "Why would I be nervous?" I asked back, very lost. He raised a brow at me and just stood there quietly for a bit, like he was waiting for me to remember something. I couldn't, though.

Rolling his eyes, he shook his head and crossed his arms over his chest. "You're meeting Carmen's boyfriend today, remember?" He reminded.

And all of a sudden, panic flooded me and I squealed, nerves in the pit of my stomach. I had completely freaking forgotten about that, clearly! "Oh, let me stay at yours!" I gasped out desperately, already sprinting towards his porch. Before I could even get there, I felt a hard and heavy body hit mine, sending me toppling into the grass with him atop me. "Ow! Enzo!" I whimpered, grabbing my arm. He glared at me and I flinched at the fire in his gaze. "It's just one person, Phina. You can do this. You can do it." He encouraged, the tone of his voice making it clear that I wasn't going to be allowed to hide in his house anymore.

Sighing heavily, I nodded and bit my lip. "I guess I should go in before he gets here. Carmen probably wants me to have dinner ready when he arrives." I said, sitting up when he climbed off of me. I let him help me up and bid him a soft goodbye before heading inside, anxiety in the pit of my stomach.

However, my anxiety melted when Chester came sprinting at me from upstairs, running down the steps to get to me. My mood switched immediately and a big smile formed on my lips as I locked the door and got down on the floor with him. His tail wagged happily and I giggled as he licked all over my hands and arms, showing me that he had missed me while I was off at school today. "I know. I missed you, too, Chess." I smiled, kissing the top of his tiny head. He was so soft and fluffy. He rubbed himself against me and I grinned, running my hands through his soft, smooth fur with a little grin. All of the sudden, I was snapped out of my thoughts but only from the sound of footsteps descending the staircase.

Not one set, but two.