Chapter 282: He Ying's Accusations

Matriarch He was helped over to the adjoining room by Senior Servant Liu to check on the situation.

He Ying was left alone in the parlour.

Once the matriarch left, she rolled her eyes and sneered to herself. "Hmph, how useless. She's just a weak and sickly person. It would have been better if she had died earlier rather than wasting so much money on her medicine."

Senior Servant Wang happened to enter the parlour just in time to overhear her words. The senior servant stared at Eldest Madam in disbelief. Her face was flushed with anger, but she couldn't confront He Ying due to her status as a servant.

He Ying almost leaped in fright. She thought there wasn't anyone else inside the parlour, so she had spoken recklessly. She hadn't counted on Senior Servant Wang abruptly entering the room.

Senior Servant Wang was one of Countess Jing'an's stewards. She was a handmaid who had served Countess Jing'an's since her maiden days and was later promoted to a senior servant. Thus, she was considered one of Countess Jing'an's most trusted servants.

He Ying felt somewhat awkward that Senior Servant Wang had overheard her making those remarks.

However, that feeling only lasted for a short moment. The expression on He Ying's face swiftly changed into one of arrogance and disdain. "Filthy servant, what are you looking at! You'd better watch out, or else I'm going to have someone dig out your eyeballs!"

Although Senior Servant Wang was livid, she couldn't respond in any way. She hastily lowered her head and bobbed towards He Ying, biting her lips all the while. Then, she quickly left and went to the side room to check on her master.

A proud smile appeared on He Ying's face as she watched Senior Servant Wang scuttle out of the room. The old servant had been so scared that she had gone at the fastest pace she could manage.

She took a sip of tea to moisten her throat, then got up and returned to her own room.

Great Doctor Miao hastily arrived with his medicine box.

His first action was to kick out all of the unnecessary people in the room.

Matriarch He and Chu Lian waited in the outer room.

Great Doctor Miao finally came out of the room thirty minutes later.

He pushed the curtains aside forcefully with a terrible expression on his face. He was so angry that his white beard was almost standing up.

Chu Lian immediately went over to receive him. "Great Doctor Miao, how's Mother?"

Great Doctor Miao harrumphed furiously. He pointed at Chu Lian and started berating her. "This old man has already warned you many times that the madam needs to take care and recuperate. She has to remain calm and she can't bear too much stress. Well, see what you've done now! Congratulations!"

Chu Lian's heart skipped a beat. Her eyes widened as she stared at Great Doctor Miao, unable to speak. Her mother-in-law's illness couldn't possibly return just like that, right...?

Wouldn't her and He Changdi's previous efforts all be wasted?

He Sanlang would definitely be heartbroken.

How did it turn out like this!

Great Doctor Miao noticed the despair and sadness on Chu Lian's face. He pointed his finger at her and shook it. "What's there to be sad about?! I haven't even said anything about the madam's condition!"

Chu Lian promptly came back to her senses. "Mother, she..."

"Young lady, let me tell you this. If it weren't for my miraculous acupuncture skills, then Madam wouldn't have been saved this time. All of you should conduct yourselves properly. If this happens again, then even the great deities won't be able to save her!"