Chapter 1 Making new friends

The year is 1874 it was a cold and rainy day I was sitting in my small law office remembering my old outlaw days and how fun that those days was but I sure did land my outlaw butt in jail. it was when I was in jail that I studied the law and became a lawyer and turned my life around and quit my old outlaw life for good and for my wife and children. but this cold winter and rainy day had changed my life again and for good and forever. I looked out the window and saw two of John Tunstall's regulators outside in the cold their names are Chavez and Billy the Kid. Billy was the youngest of the regulators and he was very sick with scarlet fever I knew that if they didn't come in from the cold and rain Billy would die from the scarlet fever. I asked them to come into my law office and get warm and dry from the rain I helped Chavez lay Billy on a small cot in my office against the wall that I would rest on when I got tired but the case that I had on my desk meant that I wasn't getting any rest. Chavez and I stayed by Billy's side day and night. after three weeks Billy's scarlet fever was gone. and we became very close friends after that. before they went back to Mr. Tunstall Chavez asked me what they owed me for helping them. I told Chavez these words: you don't owe me a thing cause I have been there too and someone once helped me out just the way that I am helping you but if you really want to pay me back here is what you do don't let the chain of love end with you. I visit Chavez and Billy every chance that I get.