Christian Pulisic ~ Chelsea

Start from the beginning

"So why are you working Christmas Day?" Christian said wanting to make conversation with you and this was the only thing that he could come up with. He probably should've asked for your name considering that he didn't know that but he didn't think about that till after he asked you the question so he couldn't change it now. He would ask you after for your name. You didn't answer him till you made his latte and brought it over to him before taking a seat opposite him. You were intrigued by him so you wanted to know more. You wanted to know why he wanted to talk to you since he probably gets a lot of attention from girls who are prettier and more well known but for some reason he wants to talk to you when he probably has other things to do.

"My manager wanted to open Christmas Day and considering it the only one with no children he asked me and I agreed. It's more money." You shrugged your shoulders not really caring about it now. You didn't really care now that you were working on Christmas Day. If he had asked you yesterday you probably would've said that you cared but if you didn't work you wouldn't have met Christian and be talking to him. You spent the best part of half an hour just talking to Christian about everything. He told you about his life growing up in America and you told him about your life growing up. At some point during your conversation, he messaged one of his teammates and asked them if they could pick him up so one he wouldn't be late. This morning when you came in you didn't expect your day to go like this you were actually having fun. You knew that he would have to leave in a minute and you would become bored once again but right now you were having fun and enjoying yourself. When Christian would leave you would be left alone to entertain yourself. Whilst talking to Christian no one else unsurprisingly came in so you could just talk to Christian without being interrupted by someone. You saw Christian keep taking glances at his phone probably to see if his teammate was outside which he wasn't but there wasn't much of a conversation left considering he needed to leave.

"What time do you finish?" Christian asked you once he looked at the clock. He knew that if he didn't leave now he would be late for training and he couldn't be late or else he would be fined. Fined a lot of money. You thought for a bit trying to figure what time you finished at knowing your manager told you it.

"8 tonight." You told him once you finally remembered the time that your manager told you. You saw Christian nod his head trying to remember what time that he finished training at.

"I finish training at 3ish I'll come by then with some food," Christian said. You were going to argue against what he said but Christian didn't say anything just saying bye to you. You shook your head not wanting to get too overly excited for Christian to come back knowing that the day would go slower if you did. Throughout that time nobody else came into the cafe and you had no other jobs to do so you were on your phone trying to figure out different things to do. You would literally do anything considering how bored you were now. There was nothing to do and the number of times that you checked your social media was unbelievable and there was nothing else for you to check. You even got to the point where you started to stalk Christians social media accounts since you were that bored. All you found was how good looking Christian was and you little crush was getting bigger especially when you saw the topless photos of him.

"How was training?" You asked Christian when you brought him a latte. He smiled at you before talking to you about his day and how training went. He started to tell you about all of the idiotic things that his teammates done and he told you of the presents that their families got them and the presents that they got each other. Apparently, they did secret Santa which didn't turn out to be the best idea. You could probably imagine some of the things that they got each other without Christian telling you. Whilst you were talking you were eating the food that Christian had promised to buy you. It wasn't even bad food it was nice food. Really nice food. It looked that it was expensive just because of the box that it came in but you were too hungry to deny any food. You promised yourself that you would pay him for some of the food. You spent the rest of the hours just talking. Throughout the whole day, Christian was your only customer so you didn't have to do any other jobs. Luckily whilst Christian was there the time seemed to go quicker than when he wasn't there probably because he was keeping you entertained and busy doing something instead of letting your mind go through all of your thoughts. When 8 o'clock came you and Christian stood up and you started to lock up the store from the inside and Christian waited for you to lock up.

"Maybe we could do this again but for a proper date?" Christian asked as you were locking up the door of the cafe. You had to hide your excitement but nodded your head nowhere near enough how you wanted to. You were so excited and shocked at the same time that Christian wanted to go out on a date with you. A proper date. A date where you're not working and one where he doesn't have to leave halfway through. A date where the two of you have no other worries and your attention can just be on each other and not everything else that is happening around you. It would be a time where you can know Christian better even though you knew him pretty well from just today but you still wanted to get to know him even better because the better you know him the more likely you can get closer to him and maybe become something with you.

"Sure here's my number." You said writing down your number on his hand. You had no idea why you had a pen on you but it was lucky that you did just so you could give him your number even though thinking about it you could've just put it in his phone. The smile never left yours or Christians face.

"Okay, I'll message you later," Christian said waving bye to you as he walked in the opposite direction to where you needed to go. You watched him walk away before turning around yourself and beginning to walk home. You tried to get rid of the smile on your face so when you get home no one would ask you any questions but you had the biggest one on your face which would go down. You couldn't help but think about Christian and the date that he had promised you. You knew that it was going to be a good one. The smile was prominent on your face and although you did want it to go you also didn't want it to because this is the happiest that you've ever been. You kept your phone by you just waiting for Christians text. You didn't know when it would come but you would wait for it just wanting to see him again.