Mattijis de Ligt ~ Juventus

Start from the beginning

"Y/N" Matthijs knocked you out of your thoughts. You turned around to face him and he passed you one of your presents. You read the label that was put on the present to see who it was from so that you could thank them. The first present that you got passed was from Fleur. You opened it carefully not knowing whether it was fragile or not and you didn't want to take the risk of it breaking. When you opened it, it was your favourite perfume. The one you wear on special occasions so when you and Matthijs go out on dates and when you have to go to award ceremonies.

"Thank you Fleur, it smells amazing." You turned around and smiled at her. You were guessing Matthijs told her what perfume that you wore most and what one you were running out of and that you needed. You got passed the next present and it was from Matthijs' mum and dad. You opened it up and it was a map. A map that you could scratch out where you have been. You enjoyed travelling the world so this was a near-perfect present for you and it meant so much that it was Matthijs' parents who got you it.

"Awww, this is incredible! Thank you." You said to them. You tottally were not tearing up at the thought of this getting you this. It more and more felt like you were becoming part of there family which you were slightly since you were dating Matthijs but you weren't dating him. The next present that got passed to you from Matthijs was from Wouter. It was quite a large present so it wouldn't fit on your lap properly. Whilst opening it the first thing you saw was Matthijs' face and it looked like it was on a canvas. You opened it up properly and it was the picture of you and Matthijs at the awards in 2018 when Matthijs won the golden boy award.

"Thank you, Wouter." You said to him gobsmacked that he actually got this for you and Matthijs. Well, you were guessing it was for you and Matthijs since it was a picture of the both of you. It was one of your favourite pictures together. You passed the wrapping paper that had been collected on your knee to Frank you placed it in the bin for you.

"This one's from me," Matthijs said to you passing you a small present. You had said to each other to give one present each at his parent's house and save the rest for when you get home. You opened the present and it was a velvet box. You took a glance at Matthijs before continuing to open the box. Located in the box was a heart necklace and it had Matthijs name going down in the middle of it with a gem at the end of his name. You were guessing it was diamond because it was the birthstone of April which was the month that the two of you got together. You couldn't form any words as you were shocked that he actually got you this.

"When or if we ever have children you can get parts and add their names to it as well with their birthstone. You can keep us all close at all times." Matthijs said to you. You turned your head to him and gave him a hug. You wanted to give him a kiss as well but you didn't really want to do that in front of his family so a hug would have to do for now. His mum knocked the both of you out of your trance by calling Matthijs' name and passing him the present that you got him. He slowly opened it and revealed a box and on top of the box was some football cards. You had found the football cards in your house so thought it would be funny to rewrap them for him. You saw him laugh slightly before grabbing the box and opening it. It was a chain bracelet with your name on the front of it and if you turned it around it had a date on it. The date of which both of you got together. Matthijs moves closer to you so he could give you a proper hug.

"Thank you," Matthijs said into your ear. When he pulled away he kissed your forehead before turning back to his mum who was passing more presents to him from the rest of them. You just watched smiling as the rest of them were opening the rest of the presents that people had brought them. When all of the presents got handed out and opened and all the thank yous got passed around Fleur and Matthijs' mum stood up and began to walk to the kitchen before turning around to address you.