It was a quick and easy plan, and if she completed it successfully, Draco wouldn't have to kill a person and live with the same struggles that she was living with.

"Actually," sighed Blaise, "I have a better idea."

Marina raised an eyebrow. She then turned back to the Death Eater on the floor and cast a curse on him that made sure he would not hear a word Blaise was about to speak.

"You said that the Ministry didn't have control over what spells and curses you used, right? So you could use Impero on someone, and they wouldn't know? You wouldn't get punished?"

"Technically, yes, but I don't know if I wanna-"

"We're going to the Three Broomsticks. About half of the school is there right now. We will find a person and use Imperio on them, so that they can deliver the necklace to Dumbledore. That way, you won't get hurt, I won't get hurt, and Draco won't get hurt. No one will even know what we are doing."

And so, they decided to change plans - they headed toward the Three Broomsticks, Marina keeping her head down, Blaise giving ugly stares to whoever tried looking at her. Were her moments of passing out in class that well-known? The Gryffindor students who had claimed to be her friends during the time of Dumbledore's Army were now looking at her with hate in their eyes.

She pulled the sleeve of her coat further down until it touched her knuckles before they entered the inn. However, it didn't help much on her courage, for as she stepped inside, she could hear all the laughter and chatter die out.

People turned their heads her way, both students and teachers - maybe even those who worked at the Three Broomsticks. Marina suddenly felt smaller than she had ever felt, feeling all eyes on her. Her eyes, however, landed upon the very table she and Harry had shared last Valentine's Day - he was sitting there with Ron and Hermione now.

"Give me your wand," whispered Blaise and stepped in front of her, so that they were all looking at his back instead of her. "Give me it, and I'll do the mission alone. We're going to tell Draco you did it - it's okay, I can handle it myself."

Marina reached for her wand inside her coat and handed it to him. "Thank you," she tried to whisper, but the lump in her throat got in the way. Blaise stroked the palm of her hand and gave her a sympathetic smile before turning around.

She wouldn't admit it, but she hated it. She hated the pity. She hated that her pride had been stripped away from her; now, she was on display for the rest of the Wizarding World to see.

She crashed into someone on the way out. The man was wearing the biggest fur coat she had ever seen, smiling as wide as a person could while clutching a bag of crystallized pineapple. He took a step back, Marina following him, exiting the pub.

"Miss Black! Believe it or not, but you're just who I was looking for," Slughorn said happily. Marina felt extremely uncomfortable, for, in Slughorn's mind, this was the first time they met, but in hers, it was the second time they talked. "How are you? I've been meaning to talk to you, but Dumbledore has told me you haven't been feeling quite well."

"Oh." Marina let out, and took a second to gather herself before answering him. "I'm much better now, Professor, thank you."

"That is good! I must admit it scared me a bit when you-"

The door to the Three Broomsticks slammed open, nearly hitting Marina's shoulder.