nerd rope pt.2//m.m

Its been 2 years since you and max

Its been 2 years since you and max. 2 years since you've been in contact.2 years since you caught her.2 years since you left your hometown to start a new life without her.which you did, just one thing stayed. the thought of max.

you were visiting your parents in your hometown when they asked you to run to the store for milk. you rode your bike to the closest store nearby. the store you haven't been in since that day. you noticed a car that looked like max's parked but you didn't think too much of it.

the inside of the store was completely moved around when you walked in. not being able to find the milk you asked the nearest person for help. "excuse me miss, do you know where the milk is?" you asked and they turned around. "uh ya its right-"
they stopped in their tracks. you froze. "y/n?" max. you stood there shocked unable to speak.she sighed. "its right over there." she pointed to the right. "o-ok thank you." you said walking away.

"WAIT". you turned around to see max walking closer to you. you looked down avoiding eye contact. "im sorry y/n." those words hurt like bricks. those 3 simple words. "im sorry for what i did in the past. i-i don't even know where to begin or where to end. im so sorry."

it took all the courage in you to look up into her eyes, but you did."i-". as you were looking into her eyes, the memories came flooding back. the memory of your first i love you, sharing nerd rope, laughing together,and the one of her cheating. without noticing it, tears began streaming down your cheeks. and next thing you knew, you were sobbing silently. even with that last memory, you missed all the others.

max took you into her embrace."shh,im here. im here." little did she know that she was the reason for your tears, although deep down she did. you pulled away from her chest and wiped your own tears.

"max?"
"hm?" she questioned looking down at you.

"d-did you ever think about me, in the 2 years i was gone..."
a soft sigh escaped her lips.
"of course i did. i never stopped thinking about you actually. everything i saw, everything i did was a reminder of you. all i could ever think about is how i wanted me to be yours and for you to be mine,and i still do. but that couldn't happen and it can't happen because of one mistake... one mistake."
now she was the one with the tears.

"max..."
"hm?"
"i thought about you too."
that one sentence caused the tears to dry and she took a step closer to you.
"y/n.."
she put her hand on your cheek.
"do you still love me?"
your breathe hitched.
"yes..."
confidence rose up again.
"i love you too."

you brought yourself up and kissed her, her kissing you back. once the kiss was released you both let out a giggle. i guess it's like they say, when you truly love someone, you'll always find your way back to them.

"so how about some nerd rope,cutie?"