𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure he's fine. He's a smart kid." Nancy added. And with that the bell rang. Hearing this, Nancy smiled and told the pair, "I have to go. Chemistry test. Good luck."

"Thanks." Jonathan replied, finally looking up to smile at Nancy.

Turing to her sister, the oldest Wheeler sibling grinned, asking, "Hey Mollie, have you studied?"

Chuckling, Mollie took herself off the pin board, speaking, "I've practically bored Jonathan to death with chemistry."

"Wanna do more on the way there?" Nancy asked, holding out her hand for her sister to grab.

Smiling at her sister's kindness, Mollie was confused. Nevertheless, she waved goodbye to Jonathan and grabbed onto Nancy's hand, letting Nancy lead her down the hall to their chemistry classroom. Both telling each other potential questions and answers.

- 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐙𝐞𝐫𝐨 -

𝐍𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚

𝐍𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚. Not a radical one, but one that might need convincing. It might have been too complicated but given the group's track record with this person it almost seemed impossible.

Wanting to try, Nancy walked down the hall to Steve's locker. Hoping to spot him, she hastily looked around the hall. Finding him at his locker, Nancy almost ran towards to Steve, saying, "Steve! Hey."

"Hey, babe." Steve responded, turning around to face his girlfriend. "How was chemistry?"

"It went well... I think." Nancy said with a smile.

"You'll ace it." Steve reassured, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you." Nancy said smiling. Leaning up against the wall, Nancy opened and closed her mouth two times before actually speaking, "You know, I was thinking..."

"What?" Steve asked, copying Nancy who leaned up against the nearby wall.

"The party." Nancy sighed. She didn't want to ruin Steve's night, but she also didn't want to go alone. "I mean since Barb doesn't want to go. Maybe we could invite Mollie so she's not alone."

"You mean your freak sister?" Steve asked bluntly. Not for a second did he think over what he said, and if he did, he'd probably feel bad.

Closing her eyes in frustration, Nancy argued quietly, "She's not a freak."

Shaking his head, Steve hesitated as he spoke, "Nancy, you know that's a bad look on us. Plus she'll-"

"I know. I know." Nancy nodded. Sighing, Nancy believed in what she was asking was right, explaining herself. "I-I just feel bad and all. Mollie has like 2 friends and I don't know... I don't want Barb to feel lonely, and she's my sister and all so..." Shaking her head, Nancy shyly looked away from Steve, "Uh, forget it."