XXII.

RENJUN

'Renjun, dude. Really? I can understand how you feel. Chae is a beautiful girl, I would pick her up if she was older. But no. Not like in your shared room, not really knowing each other. Taeyong hyung would be mad if he knew about this but look. I see you and I know how seductive she can be so I won't tell him this little affair. But all next week you have to do the cleaning in both bedrooms. Okay?'
I nodded.
'I trust you, man. I don't wanna know what happened between you, but I know you enough to be sure you wouldn't do stupid things. Slow down and get to know each other first. Both of you are truly amazing souls, really.'
I nodded. 'I need to go out to.. Think. Can I...?' I asked, letting the question hanging. Kyungseok nodded and gave me a tired smile.
'Of course, take your time. But be right back for lunch.'
I bowed a bit then left the room.

I was walking on the streets, kicking a rock in front of me.
Huang Renjun, are you dumb??
Taking the blame for no reason..
I just don't get myself.
I reached my pocket to pull out my phone, but it was empty.
That means I left my phone at home..
Ah, I wanted to meet up some friends maybe they can calm me down but without a phone, I can't set up a meeting.
I decided to walk back to our flat. But when I reached the block, I changed my mind and walked up to the top of the building.
Surprisingly, I found Chae here, sitting on the ground deep in her thoughts.
She was wearing sweatpants and my t-shirt (??). I smiled at how cute she looked in the beige clothing two times bigger than her.
I decided to sat down next to her.
'Hi.' I spoke in a quiet voice, almost whispering.
She jumped a bit, so I guess I scared her. I chuckled at the expression she made when she recognized me.
'Did I scare you?'
'You know, I never thought you would talk to me again.' Chae shook her head. She was playing with the end of my t-shirt, not looking at me.
I frowned as a response.
'I was very embarrassing yesterday, wasn't I ?' She looked up at me. The only thing that reminded me on her to yesterday was the mix of guilt and regret on her clean, make-up free face.
'Kinda.' I shrugged my shoulders and looked at the clear, blue sky.
'What did I tell you?'
'It doesn't matter, you were drunk not knowing what are you doing.'
'Please tell me.' She asked with a little fear but determined.
I sighed and looked at her. 'You called me up just to tell me I have beautiful eyes that remind you the color of the metropolitan cocktail.'
Chae's eyes widened but she tried to keep calm. 'That's all?'
'On the way home you started crying so I asked what happened.'
She nodded to continue.
'All I understood was that a boy left you even when he said he loved you.'
Chae froze and didn't move for like 2 minutes. Then she buried her face into her hands.
'I'm so sorry. And embarrassed.'
I patted her arm. 'It's okay, I know the feeling when you think getting drunk is the only way to solve or get over something. I don't know what lead you to think about it but I don't care either. It's your personal problem.'
'You won't tell it to nobody, right?' She slowly removed her hand.
I frowned. 'Of course not. It's no one's business.'
She let out a bitter chuckle. 'Huang Renjun, you're harder to decode than an expert level sudoku.'
I looked at her. 'Really?'
'Once you give your hoodie to me without a word, once you're rude to me, once you bring my drunk ass home with no reason, once you don't even speak to me.. but most of the times you just stare at me with a cold expression.' She shook her head then looked at me. The guilt and regret switched places with a playful look on her face.
My face loured for a minute. Is this really how I behave? Huang Renjun, are you a fool?
Chae put her hand on mine. 'See? You're really scary with stares like this.'
I looked at her hand on mine then shook of the louring expression and put a light smile on my face. 'I know I'm intimidating when I'm serious but I don't feel like smiling all the time.'
I stood up and pulled out my hand to Chae. 'Come on, we should go now, I wanted to call someone but left my phone at home.'
She took my hand and I helped her to stood up. 'Thank you.'
I shrugged my shoulders signaling it's nothing and we started walking to the staircase then to our flat.
'Is it comfortable?' I asked while chuckling.
She frowned. 'What?'
'My t-shirt. Is it comfortable?'
'Oh. Yes.. Do you want it back?'
I shook my head. 'No, I never wear it anyways. And you look cute in it.'
'What?'
What? 'I mean it's funny how small you look in it.'
She elbowed me playfully. 'You say I'm small, huh?' I laughed.
I really appreciated her topic change. Why am I randomly compliment her? Okay, it's true but I shouldn't just..
'Are you mad?' Chae suddenly asked.
'What?'
'Are you mad at me?'
'No.' I'm mad at myself.
When we arrived to the flat, our roomates were putting their shoes on.
'Oh, you here!' Kyungseok smiled at us. 'I was about to look after you..'
'Are we going somewhere?' Chae tilted her head to the left and frowned.
'Yes, I mean no, like we go, you two stay.' Yoona explained and Donghyuck nodded.
'What?' I was confused.
'We have to visit our grandma. She doesn't live far and it's just a quick visit but we'll be at her's for a while. Would you please cook dinner? It's always Yoona who cooks anyways.' Hyung explained.
'And what about you, Donghyuck?' Chae asked.
'He visits his girlfriend.'
I frowned and looked at him. He never told me about this-
'What girlfriend, she's my cousin, dumbass.' The boy slapped Yoona's arm and rolled his eyes.
Kyungseok decided to end the fight even before it starts. 'Okay, hurry up, Granny's waiting for us. And your girfriend too.'
'She's my cousin, how many times do I have to tell you-' Hyuck's pissed words started getting more and more quiet then hushed as the little group walked out of the flat.
Chae slowly turned to me. 'Well... Seems like we're alone...'
I put up my hand. 'First of all I need to find my phone because I have no idea where did I put it.'
Chae nodded. 'Okay, I'll think about what should we make and look for the ingredients.'
I digged up my whole room and living room but didn't find it.
I walked back to the kitchen to Chae.
'I have no idea where-' Suddenly we heard a phone's ringing.
Chae turned to me. 'Isn't it yours..?'
I nodded and tried to guess where the sound cames from.
Chae went to tidy the dining table when suddenly screamed.
'Hey, here's your phone! It was under the newspaper!' She picked it up from the table and handed it to me.
I looked at the caller ID. Lucas was calling me. Okay...?
I decided to call him back. He answered straightaway.
'What's up buddy? You quite disappeared yesterday, huh?'
'Hello to you too.' I rolled my eyes.
Lucas continued, unbothered. 'Are you okay? Did somebody die? Or did your cat run away?'
'I don't have a cat.' I answered indifferently.
'Then? Was Ten right? It was about a girl, huh?' Lucas was smiling, I could tell.
I sighed. 'It was my flatmate and she's right  next to me now.'
'She can't understand Mandarin tho, can she?'
'I don't think she can but you know, people can easily sense if somebody's talking about them. Especially girls.'
'Anyways, would she mind hanging out with us? We wanna see who made The Great, Inaccessible Huang Renjun loose his pride by leaving his friends just to bring home a drunk girl.' He laughed.
She may not but I would mind-'You know what? Tell her yourself, you know Korean anyways. I'm gonna put you on the speaker.'
Chae frowned but when she heard Lucas' cursing in Mandarin on full volume, she widened her eyes and whispered me. 'What the heck?'
I shook my head signaling it's okay and put the phone down on the counter.
My friend on the phone switched to Korean. 'Um, hello I'm Lucas, Renjun's sidekick.'
'Sidekick, my ass.' I mumbled, shaking my head. Chae laughed then put her hands in front of her mouth. I frowned at her action. She finally realized Lucas knows she's there and he is talking to her so she cleared her throat.
'Hello, I'm Chae. Do you wanna talk to me?'
'You're the girl who's life was saved by Renjun, right?' Lucas continued in broken Korean.
Chae frowned and looked at me. I rolled my eyes at Lucas' dramatic ass. 'If you're talking about yesterday, then yes. I'm sorry he left you and the others because of me.'
'Let it go, it's his fault, not yours.'
Chae chuckled at my annoyed face. But Lucas was right tho.
'Anyways, do you wanna hanging out with us?'
'Hang, not hanging.' I mumbled. Lucas sighed in annoyement.
'I don't give a shit. So we wanna know with whom Renjun hangs out because you know, he's an antisocial ass and don't really have friends beside us.'
I sighed and picked up the phone to from the counter. 'I'm gonna hang up if you don't shut the fuck up.' Chae laughed but then shut up when Lucas spoke.
'Alright, alright. So what do you say, Chae?'
'It's okay.. I guess.'
'Deal. Gotta go now, bye my loves!' The guy gave the phone a smooch then hung up.
I rolled my eyes then turned to Chae. 'Sorry for all of this.'
'It's okay. By the way you never said anything about your friends.'
I sighed. 'It's not like I don't wanna talk about them. It's like no one wanna know hear about 8 dumb Chinese youngster who speak broken Korean.'
Chae smiled kindly and shrugged her shoulders. 'I wanna get to know them.'

The end of the chapter
To be continued...

W

oah, now THAT'S a long chapter

Uwuwuwu cute Renjun smile at the beginning

Hope you enjoyed luv luv LUV yah <333

If you curious btw, I only post a lot now bc I have a lot of ideas and inspos hehe

Please vote and comment=^.^=
Byeee~

^=Byeee~