Chapter 52 Would There Be Trouble Letting Them Live Together?

Começar do início

Qin Wanru said carefully, not leaving out any details she remembered.

“Let go to Jingxin Monastery and ask the reverend there to have a look at Old Grandma,” Shui Ruolan said decidedly as she could not come to any conclusion.

She had slept in Old Grandma’s room last night and heard her coughing badly. She was worried that Old Grandma would be drained of energy during day time since she did not sleep well. This bout of coughing had come suddenly and fiercely, and by now, Old Grandma’s voice was hoarse from so much coughing.

So much so that she could only speak softly and with much effort.

“Let’s tell Father about this first then!” said Qin Wanru, nodding, since it was the only way to go about it.

In the past, Old Grandma would always go to Jingxin Monastery and stay there for a period of time when she started coughing. She would go through the conditioning and treatment from the reverend at Jingxin Monastery and reap effective results.

After Shui Ruolan and Qin Wanru discussed the details of their plan, Qin Wanru went back to her courtyard, leaving a worried-looking Shui Ruolan sitting outside in the courtyard.

She was beginning to find it strange too.

Old Grandma’s cough had come too suddenly.

At this moment, Nanny Duan came out from and said, “Miss Shui, Old Grandma wants you to go in.”

“Is my aunt awake?” asked Shui Ruolan, as her frown eased and she stood up to follow Nanny Duan into Old Grandma’s room.

“She was feeling more energetic now, so please come with me,” said Nanny Duan, nodding, as the both of them entered the room. Old Grandma, who was sitting on the bed opened her eyes and looked at Shui Ruolan with tenderness.

Shui Ruolan knew that loving look in Old Grandma’s eyes and suddenly she was overwhelmed with emotions and almost began to tear up. However, once she thought about Old Grandma’s deteriorating health, she had to suppress her grief and force a smile.

Old Grandma waved her over and pointed to a small stool by the bed.

Shui Ruolan hurried over to take her hand and led her to sit down firmly on the stool. Nanny Duan, who was aware that Old Grandma had some private things to discuss with Shui Ruolan, excused herself quietly.

“It’s been hard on you, Ruolan!” said Old Grandma with a hoarse, low voice which was almost inaudible.

Shui Ruolan pricked up her ears and strained to listen, while shaking her head and saying, “It’s not hard, Aunt. I had always wanted to take care of you until your old age. You’re the one who raised me. It is not hard to remain by your side!”

She knew that Old Grandma was referring to her marrying the general. Not wanting Old Grandma to worry over additional matters on top of her poor health, Shui Ruolan told her that she was agreeable to her marriage arrangement.

“Since your cousin had promised to protect you even though this was going to affect Mrs. Qin, you should just get married into the General’s household formally. In a few days time, you may leave the Mansion and live outside for a few days. When the wedding preparation is done, we will bring you back to the house as the bride!” said Old Grandma in one breath, and started coughing as she tried to catch her breath.

Shui Ruolan’s eyes welled up in tears as she patted Old Grandma gently on her back and said, “Please don’t be too anxious, Aunt. It is more important for you to recover from your sickness. Let me accompany you to stay in Jingxin Monastery until you are better, then we can come home!”