They had not even tried!

Becoming Wei Wuxian :

If someone would have told Xiao Zhan two years ago that The Untamed was going to be a wold wide hit and would finally make everyone around take a notice of him and his talents, he would have probably laughed in their face.

Xiao Zhan remembers the first time his agent had told him that he had to audition for the lead role of Wei Wuxian in the show based on the highly popular BL novel Grandmaster of demonic cultivation.

He had felt strange thinking about the things he might have to do on screen with another man... Then he had remembered that he had nothing to worry about because he was afterall not in Thailand and the show was being produced in Mainland China.

Xiao Zhan had felt relieve.
Xiao Zhan had smiled.

"There is no reason to smile yet Zhan. You are talented but the projects you have worked in have not really done anything much for your career. Zhan, you need to bag this role." Xiao Zhan's manager had said taking a seat in front of him.

"I will try my best Gege ." Xiao Zhan had said smiling like an angel.

Xiao Zhan's manager had thrown a hard bound notebook at him then.
"Read it, it's the novel. The more you understand the better your chances are to land the role."

Xiao Zhan had just saluted to his manager before walking off to read the BL Novel.
He had then searched the internet for other shows that had BL theme.
That is how Xiao Zhan had ended up calling his close friend Bai Yu.

"Gege, it's me."

"Zhan ya, how have you been?"

"Gege, I have a few questions about the show you did last year, Guardian."

"Ask away." Bai Yu had said casually.

Well that's a good sign, Xiao Zhan had thought before asking about how Bai Yu had approached his character.

Xiao Zhan had not watched the show when it had aired. He had been busy. But after having spoken to his friend he had decided to give it a go.

He had been impressed. He had felt relieved that a show with BL theme could have so much heart.

Though there had been flaws, one could not help but fall in love with the main leads.
'They are definitely in love.' Xiao Zhan had thought to himself after watching the show.

Then he had proceeded to read the novel 'Grandmaster of Demonic cultivation'

'Fuck!  How are they going to make it look straight???' Xiao Zhan had wondered.

Xiao Zhan had fallen in love with Wei Wuxian.
Wei Wuxian was brave, loyal and misunderstood. He had been betrayed and hated. Wei Wuxian had turned dark. Wei Wuxian had killed. Wei Wuxian had been killed. And through all this, one man had stood by him. Lan Zhan had stood by him. Silently loving him and protecting him. And in the end they had finally ended up together.

Xiao Zhan had truly felt for the misunderstood anti hero. Xiao Zhan had really wanted to bag this role. Xiao Zhan had also wanted to meet His Lan Zhan.

A few days later Xiao Zhan had given the auditon. He had gone in thinking about Wei Wuxian.

He had aced the audition.
Xiao Zhan had walk out as Wei Wuxian.
Everyone had fallen for his beautiful eyes and his heartwarming contagious smile.

When he had left the audition room a girl had muttered, "Born with a smile on his face... "

Becoming Lan Wangji :