Chapter 1

"You got the invite for the wedding?" he asked her while she skimmed over the papers in front of her while eating the sandwich they were actually out to eat.

"Hmm" she hmm in response to his question.

"Have you RSVP-ed yet?"

She looked up at him at that in confusion. "Was I supposed to? I did get a threatening letter along with it telling me to attend. So I assumed it would be rather pointless to respond. They'd have my head if I won't be there."

He nodded at that. Makes sense. Of course, his family won't let her miss out his brother's wedding at any cost. She was practically family.

Being an orphan would have taken a toll on her had she not met him in middle school in between the bullies, she even said so herself. He was like a knight in shining armor for her and they somehow just stuck together afterward. They stayed together in high school, same business school and when a great idea struck them and they worked their ass off on it and somehow managed to make this whole company out of it, they're still together.

The point was his family was as much as her family at this point. His mother adores her and calls her the daughter she never had, having only 2 sons. His father loved her managerial skills and financial skills in handling their company and admired her for her business skills.

They both were in business school when one-night drinking gave them an idea which none of them took seriously. One week fast forward and she told him there might be potential in that idea.

3 months fast foreword and they were launching their app and 1 month later it was a huge sell-out. 2 years later, their company was thriving, making a point that they were not quick rich billionaires but smart company heads. The YM Pvt. The company had its CEO as Mr. Kim Youngbin and the CFO and CMO as Ms. Kang Mihi. Yeah, she had more workload but she had a big team under her too, and she was great, if not the best, in what she does. If he was the one who came up with the idea, she was the one who saw the potential in it and made it what it was today.

So that was why she was skimming through papers at lunch also when they both took the trouble of going out to eat.

"At least don't work now. We're out here to get some air and eat."

"I told you I was okay with eating at the office. You insisted we come out."

"We're anyway gonna take a week off for the wedding Mihi. Stop working so much." he said, leaning forward and grabbing the file from her hand and keeping it beside him, out of her reach.

She huffed and grumbled "that's why I was working more. I have to be on top of everything before we go."

He chuckled and pushed her sandwich towards her, insisting her to eat and she picked it up.

"By the way.." she heard him speak again and looked up at him, he suddenly looked nervous.

She raised her eyebrow at him to continue and he cleared his throat before speaking. "Do you have a date for the wedding?"

She rolled her eyes at him and gave him a stare which he tried to avoid. "What makes you think I would have any? I haven't had time to talk to anyone out of work-related since I don't even remember when. Why? You got one?"

He nodded in negative and she smiled. "Good. Had you got one, it would have meant you had time in your busy schedule for something like that. And it would mean you're not working enough thus giving me a reason to kill you." She smiled so sweetly at him after such words but he was used to it now. It was the usual her.

"I thought Seokwoo would have asked you out. Or Inseong."

She shrugged. "I haven't had time to talk to anyone. I haven't even checked out the group chat for a while."

As she said it, she realized she missed them. They all were Youngbin's and her friends. Everyone was just a bit busy with things at the moment somehow.

"I know. They've been crying to me about how I've been overworking you that you don't even have time for them."

She laughed at that.

"So ask Seokwoo. You do like him right?"

She leaned in to flick him on his forehead. "Yah Kim Youngbin. That was 7 years ago."

"6.." he muttered, rubbing his forehead slightly.

"Whatever. I don't mind going alone."

"I know.."

She sighed and looked straight at him. "Spill it."

"Huh?"

"What is it you want to say? I know you're dying to."

He sighed and looked down at the table. "You know how love is far more superior to my family and parents then business and all right?"

She nodded. It stuck out to her as something rather weird but whenever she saw his parents and how in love they always looked, she understood their priority.

"So.. "He took a deep breath and looked at her. Her face was full of curiosity and slight irritation at him taking so long to speak.

She saw as his face dusted a slight pink and he spoke out in a single breath "wouldyougothereasmygirlfriend?"