HelGa: I Thought You Needed To Chill

Start from the beginning

"Paul, mom wants to know- wants to know if-if your friend is staying for dinner." Paul looks over at me and raises an eyebrow and I give him a shrug.

"Tell her we're not sure yet. Oh, Helga do you want me to take your coat for you?"

"Oh, yes. Thank you." As I remove my jacket I say to the little boy, "Hi, I'm Helga."

"Hi, I'm Jackson."

"Am I correct in thinking that you were the one who let me in from outside?" he nods, "Well thank you Jackson. It's nice to meet you." I hold out my hand for him to take and when he does we shake before he runs off to somewhere in the apartment.

"He's cute." I say.

"You know, people say we look alike." He replies, cheekily.

I give a small smile before asking, "How old is he?"

"Six. Oh, Helga, this is my dad." a man with a book tucked under his arm strolls through the foyer and seems surprised at our presence there.

"Oh, hello." We shake hands, "I'm sorry I didn't catch your name."

"Helga." I supply.

"Well nice to meet you."

"We're going to go do homework now."

"Alright kiddos, hop to it then." Paul's dad ruffles his hair to which he looks super embarrassed about.

"Dad stop! C'mon Helga." he leads me away from his dad while fixing his hair savagely.

"Nice to meet you." I call out to Paul's dad before following Paul down into a darkened hallway. He lead me through a door on the far right side of the hall which I assume is his room. It's kind of spacious for bedroom with one wall completely made from brick with a couch pushed up against it an a tall bookcase next to it. "Nice room." I say.

"Thanks." I sit down on the couch and begin to take my stuff out. Paul brings his binder over and plops down on the opposite side of the couch. "Let's do this."

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"I hate iambic pentameter." Paul groans as he comes back in the room with two cups of water.

I look up from my poetry book. "What, why? I like it."

He hands me my cup and drinks from his and shrugs. "I don't know, I just think that it's really restricting don't you?"

I rub the rim of my cup with my finger and ponder his words. "Well I don't know, I kind of like the constant rhythm. I mean maybe it is a bit restricting but I think that kind of encourages me to find different ways to say what I want to say, you know. Being more economical with my words, or whatever. Besides I really like to write sonnets so iambic pentameter is almost like a second nature to me."

"Maybe you could teach me, I definitely need it." He sets his water down on the floor by the leg of the couch.

"Mmm, I don't know." I sigh dramatically, "I mean what would I be getting in return?" I ask in mock innocent manner.

Paul shifts closer to me, "I could write a sonnet for you."

"Oh really."

"Yeah, in fact I already have it started in my head." I raise my eyebrow at him. "I'll give you a sneak peak. Roses are red, violets are blue, has anyone ever said that you are really cute."

I chock on my water laughing at his horribly cheesy poem. "Oh wow you really do need my help. That was awful! And I'm pretty sure it didn't follow iambic pentameter. In fact-" I cut off when I feel his hand move on top of mine and notice his face moving closer and closer to mine. Oh no, I think.