Two Shrinking Violets

Hi, I’m Dory, a kind of girl that you wouldn’t love to be with. And I don’t know, I just love being alone. I don’t want people going near me; they just freak me out, well except for my parents of course and some teachers. And let me share to you this little crazy story of mine. And it started on the later part of my second semester in high school. It was a Friday.

                “Okay class; please submit your research papers next meeting. Good luck.” Ms. Chevron reminded us of our last project in our Communication Arts. Well, it’s kind of hard, but I find it easy. The school bell rang and it was lunch break.

                I was out of the classroom, same as ever, no one. I was nearing the school canteen when someone poked me.

                “Hey Ms. Fabien, I’ve got the student that would be featured this school year.” Good grief, it’s just Mr. Gledhill, our school paper supervisor.

                “Well, that’s great.” I said with a smile.

                “And you’ve got the work.” My smile faded and my face looked like as if I saw a ghost.

                “Really? Wow, that’s great.” I laughed nervously.

                “Congratulations, I heard he’s a scary guy so good luck with that.” He tapped my shoulder.

                “Well Mr. Gledhill, you know that I am not that good with talking to people right?” I asked him with a sly smile.

                “Well, you’re talking to me. And it’s time to overcome them. There he is. Go!” He pulled my shoulder and turned me around to see the guy he was referring to.

                “Carlo Stinson? Are you crazy?” I was shocked. What Mr. Gledhill said was true. Carlo was kind of scary. He always has this dark aura around him and you don’t want to be with him. Well, scarier than you want to hang out with me.

                “I am absolutely not Ms. Fabien. Good luck.” He winked and went off his way. “And, the deadline’s on Monday.” He shouted across the hallway.

                “Well, maybe I will just do it later.” I said to myself as I gulped my throat down.

                Let me talk more about Carlo since you don’t know him that much. I don’t want to sound like I know him, but they said he is some kind of scary. Some said that he was a member of a gang. Some said that he sells drugs and the cops don’t want to capture him because he’s really that scary. Well, I hope I won’t be chopped and sold to some freaky syndicate.

                The class was over and I waited for everyone to go out of the classroom since I was assigned by that Blondie and her girls to do the cleaning alone. Well, I’m used to it since they always do that to me. I was done cleaning the whole room and I picked up my things when Carlo went inside the classroom. There I saw him, with dark aura and a scary killer face. He was really creepy so I immediately ran out of the classroom and find a cover so that he can’t see me. He finally went out of the room and out the gate. I guess he’s going home. And I followed him.

                I carefully walked behind him with a great distance so that he can’t see me following him. Of course, maybe I’ll be raped or killed if he saw me. We passed by a burger station and he grabbed one then continued to walk. We passed by a park, a lake, another park and he went left. Oh my gosh maybe he felt that I was at his back! And he’s going left so that when I will go there he will rape me. Help me please. But I started gathering up my courage and turned left to my shock that I saw a huge, beautiful, luxurious house. It was really big! So… he’s really rich aye? I look at him heading to the big house when he suddenly turned right again and went into a dark, lonely house. It was like that of a real syndicate! Gosh, am I really doing this? Whatever, this is for my marching clearance. I have to do this. I waited for him to get inside. A few moments later, I slowly approach the creepy house and knocked.