A DAY OF RELAXATION

Start from the beginning

"I just got out of the doctors. We're on our way to the store. You want anything?" He asked and I smiled. "A pink drink from Starbucks?" I answered and he chuckled. "Of course. Anything for you" he says making me blush. "How'd the doctors go" I asked.

"Oh. So when I left the apartment to pick up Adalynn Christine called me to let me know that Adalynn is fussing a lot because she has a slight fever. The doctors said the same exact thing. However, she said that it's not anything major. She's okay to go to daycare tomorrow and we should give her Tylenol. That should help lower the fever. So I'm gonna pick some up. She also had to get 3 shots. She did amazing and did not cry at all" he says and I smiled.

"That's good. The shots. Not the fever" I say and he chuckled. "I know what you mean. I just got to the store! I'll be home in about a hour. Take some medicine and just relax. The medicine should be in the cabinet in our bathroom!" He says. "Okay. Thank you!" I say hanging up.

I was gonna get up but once again I didn't feel like it. My body was so tired to even get up. I just laid there and just stared into space. I didn't realize how much time went passed. The next thing I know is that I heard a door open and close.

I finally start getting out of bed. I walked into the living room to see Adalynn in the swing and Shawn was in the kitchen. "Oh. Hey babe" I say, and he turned around as I walked into the kitchen. He started to put the groceries away.

"That was fast" I say, grabbing a bag of groceries to put away. "What" he laughed. "I said I'd be home in an hour and it's been an hour" he added and I chuckled.

"Did you take any medicine?" He asked and I shook my head. "No. I was going to but I didn't feel like getting out of bed at all. My body was just so exhausted" I answered and he nods ripping out the bag of groceries I had. I sighed grabbing my pink drink he got me from Starbucks.

"Take a easy! I'll put the groceries away" he says and I just groaned. "I could help Shawn" I say and he just looked at me. "No. You have to rest!" He says continuing to put the groceries away.

"Whatever" I sighed, sitting at the table. "I gave Adalynn Tylenol already. Her fever did go down a little. She's been okay. She hasn't been fussy or anything" Shawn says putting the pack of water in the refrigerator.

"That's good" I smiled and he nods. "I have off tomorrow so I'll drop Adalynn off at daycare" he says and I give him a look as he puts the formula away. "Are you calling out or do you actually have off?" I asked. "I actually have off. I go back on Monday!" He says and I smiled.

"Do you want anything?" He asked, throwing the grocery bags away. "Advil. My head is killing me" I say and he smiled. "I just bought some" he says, pulling it out of a cabinet and handing me it. He hands me a bottled water and I take two pills in one shot.

"Have you heard from Aunt Tori?" He asked and I shake my head closing the water bottle. "No. I honestly think she's still processing the fact she lost her sister. It's a hard thing. I'm still kinda upset about it as well. But I can't imagine how she feels you know. Yeah she's my mom but she lost her sister you know? And it makes it even worst losing someone you loved but you guys were on bad terms. You know what I mean? Because now you definitely can't make up with that person" I say and he nods. "I totally understand" he says, sitting at the table across from me.

I look at my phone and laughed. "Speaking of the devil" I say, answering my phone. "Hey aunt tori! We were just talking about you!" I laughed. "Oh yeah? Anything bad?" She chuckled. "Of course not! Shawn just asked me if I've heard from you since we got back and I told him no. How are you holding up?" I asked and she sighed. You could tell she was hurting just by the sound of her voice.

"I'm do alright. I'm doing way better then I was before. It just still hurts you know. But I miss you guys!" She answered. "That's understandable. It's a hard thing to go through. We miss you too! Adalynn misses you as well!" I smiled. I could tell she's probably smiling too. "I miss my babygirl" she says. "Wanna come over for dinner? I'm making Shawn cook!" I chuckled. "Sure! Can I come over now?" She asked and I smiled. "Of course. We're all here!" I say. "Okay! Be there in like 15!" She says hanging up and I smiled.

"She's coming over in about 15 minutes" I say, placing my phone on the table. "I know. So I'm cooking huh?" He asked and I laughed innocently. "Yes..." I say, and he chuckled. "Or we could order pizza or something. We'll talk about it when she gets here" I say and he nods agreeing with me.

I hear Adalynn start fussing and I looked at Shawn. "When did Adalynn last eat?" I asked, standing up. "At daycare. It's been almost 3 hours. I'll make her a bottle!" He says. I grabbed my water bottle and walked into the living room placing my water bottle on the coffee table. "Are you hungry!" I say in a baby voice as she smiled. I take her out of the swing and sat on the couch.

"Aunt Tori is coming! Are you excited?" I continued to talk to Adalynn and she giggles. "Here" Shawn says, handing me a bottle. I start feeding her and laid back. "I'm going to finish cleaning" he says, walking into the kitchen.

"We should probably clean out Adalynn's nursery and crib if we're going to start training her to sleep in her crib!" I say, looking at Adalynn who was eating peacefully. "Yeah. But we could always do that while she's at daycare tomorrow!" He says, from the kitchen and I nod.

She finished her bottle and I placed the bottle on the coffee table and started burping her. "Crap. Babe can you grab me a burp cloth. She spit up!" I say. He runs into the nursery and came back with a burp cloth. "Thanks" I say, cleaning up the mess.

My phone starts ringing and I answered it. It was my dad. "Hey sweetie!" He says happily and I smiled. "It's nice to hear you happy again!" I say. "Isn't it?" He chuckled making me chuckled. "You're gonna get happy once I tell you our news!" He says and I already started to get happy.

"Well first of all how are you feeling?" He asked changing the subject. "I'm still a bit sick but just tell me the news!" I begged and he laughed. "We should be there tomorrow or Saturday! We're flying late tonight or tomorrow. We already finished packing and the moving company are suppose to get all of our stuff sometime today!" He says and I got so excited.

"OMG REALLY?" I yelled scaring the baby. "Here. Take her" I say, handing Shawn Adalynn. "I'm guessing you're excited" he laughed. "EXCITED?! THIS IS SO FUCKING AMAZING! WE'RE ALL GONNA BE TOGETHER AGAIN! WE COULD SEE EACH OTHER EVERYDAY NOW!" I yelled.

"Okay okay. Calm down" my dad laughed. "Right. Sorry" I say, calming down laughing. "The kids are so excited. You have no idea. This is all they've been talking about!" He says making me smile.

There was a knock on the door which means Aunt Tori was here. "COME IN!" Shawn yelled, and she walked in. "I have to go! Aunt tori just got here!" I say.

"How is she doing?" He says and I smiled waving to her. "She's doing a lot better. She's still hurting but that's understandable" I say. "Okay. That's good. I'll let you go. Talk to you tomorrow!" He says and I smiled. "Love you!" I say. "Love you too!" He says hanging up.

I looked at Aunt tori who was already holding Adalynn. "Someone is excited to see Adalynn!" I laughed, looking at uncle mark. "Hey. I didn't know you were coming!" I say hugging him.

"He got out of work early and I thought it'd be okay for him to come over" aunt tori answered and I smiled. "That is quite okay with me" I smiled. "That was my dad. They're gonna be here around tomorrow or Saturday!" I say.

"Anything on my family?" Shawn asked and I sighed. "No. I'm sorry" I lied and he just nodded. I felt bad lying but I promised that I'll keep it a secret. I laid back and put my feet on the coffee table and everyone else found a spot to sit down.

"So, do you want us to cook dinner or do we just wanna order pizza?" I asked and they all looked at each other. "Pizza" they all said and I laughed. "Sounds like a plan" I say, and Shawn nods. For the rest of the day we just talked, ate pizza, and watched TV. They didn't leave until 2:00 am and then we went to bed.
———————————————————————————
Comment for more!