Himiko the Dragon Sin

Start from the beginning

I hid myself in a bush curled up in a ball scared to even breathe as the kids eventually gave up their search and went back to their games. I sat there for almost an hour crying from pain and loneliness. 'Why. Why can't people just treat me normally again.' I felt tears on my face as my memories of the past were becoming more apparent to me. "Did this happen often?" I nodded knowing things never got better with these people. "I was an outcast because my quirk was deemed evil in nature. But the thing that angered me the most was how they treated me like anyone else before my quirk activated."

Days had gone by with my mother practically giving up on raising me, kids throwing rocks and chasing me away when they get the chance, and people seeing this and letting it happen. Over the course of 2 years, something inside me grew. Something that I look at and can only think of one word to describe. Hatred. Hatred for the people that wanted to harm me, hatred for my mother, hatred for people that saw this happen and chose to do nothing. But most of all, hatred for myself. I despised myself the most for not being what everyone else was. I wanted to die, but I never chose to out of fear.

"I pity you Toga. Not many kids can handle that type of abuse and live to tell the tale." Meliodas starts drinking after saying this with me enraged at what was happening in my past. "I...I wanted to die. I wanted this pain to end, but was scared of how I was gonna die. I was afraid it would by my mom going over the top and kill me, the kids finally catching me, or just me finding a way to end it myself. I was petrified of every day and wanted to find some way to have a normal life again." I cried saying this and wanted to punch my own guts out for being so weak and pathetic.

The scene went to me hiding in a tree watching the kids that attack me play and waiting for an opening to run. 'I hate people. I hate my family. I hate my classmates. I hate everyone that wants to judge me for my quirk. I didn't ask for a quirk that makes me suck blood, so why am I judged for it.' "You hold a lot of hate in you." "AHH!" I watch as I meet Izuku for the first time with him smiling at me. I honestly thought he was some weirdo that wanted to mess with me at first. I didn't know until later that he was just that nice of a guy.

"Well Toga, would you like to be part of something that allows you to take your hate out on something in a positive way?" He shows Lostvayne to me and smiles as he waits for my answer. The only thing I could think was that he was an absolute nut job for wanting to have me join his group. "So long as nobody bugs me about my quirk, I'm in." I grab the dagger with him smiling at me accepting the offer.

"So I gotta know, why are you up here?" "...So I don't get hit in the head by rocks." I look over and see him crying for me. "That's so horrible. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that." 'Is this guy some kinda freak for feeling something for me?' He starts hugging me and crying for me while babbling some weird stuff about him now being there for me. In that moment, I felt happy but scared to let him in. The people that I've let in up to now only hurt me and make me angry at the world. How could I know if he was different.

"You didn't trust my grandson at first?" "A random guy hangs above you while your ranting, offers you a knife and a position in something you have no idea about, and cries for you while hugging you doesn't bring a red flag?" "Hmm, good point." Meliodas keeps drinking with the scene changed to the Boar's Hat. "Everyone, this is Himiko Toga. She's gonna be our new Dragon Sin of Wrath." "Hold the phone! I never said I was gonna have some fancy smancy name." I argued this with Izuku while Inko comes up to me.

"Aren't you a cute one Himiko. You must be hungry, why don't you sit with the others and I'll bring out lunch." "Yeah, no. Sorry Inko, but I'm finishing lunch. I don't want the first thing these people to eat be food that makes them sick." I watch as a brown haired girl I knew later as Ochako went to the kitchen and finished lunch for everyone. I went over and sat next to Izuku and a black haired girl called Momo with everyone talking about random things. I just kept to myself since I felt so out of place there.