"'Kay." He said. They were silent after that. Phury was uncomfortable she bit her lip and eventually the silence forced her to inch her hand toward the radio button and turn it up to loud.

***

Her eyes were tired. They stung with every blink, like sharp fangs injecting venom into her system. She stared at the ceiling, painted white and adorned with brown water spots and chipping paint hanging precariously over head. She lay unmoving and dazed and when the black fog began to form on the fringes of her vision she thought nothing of it. With a sigh she let it overcome her...

She jolted

And her eyes opened again, wide like a crater, ready to receive whatever fell over the edge.

"Hey." Phury immediately sat up.

A thin silhouette stood illuminated in her doorway,

"Tulane?" She blinked, "what are you doing?"

"Phu Phu Face," she scolded, "don't question those who only wish to help you."

"Get out," she scoffed.

"I can't."

Phury stared at her. She'd said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Why?" she sputtered, "Last time you came in here you said it 'reeked of peace.'"

"Well," she huffed, "I'm sorry if I like a little excitement in my life."

"Well," Phury mocked, "I'm sorry if I don't like glowing blue things keeping me up at night. What do you want anyway?"

"I had a vision." She answered curtly.

Phury waited, "Of." She urged after a moment.

She sighed, "Why can't you sleep Phury?"

Phury groaned a fell back onto the mattress, "Do we really have to talk about this?" she mumbled.

"Well, that's what I saw."

"If you already know what I'm gonna say, then why do we even have to have this conversation?"

"Because... actually, I don't know. But it's like I have a compulsion to make it happen. That's probably why everything a psychic sees is fact, because not even they can stop it."

"But you're only a second psychic." Phury said hopefully.

"But a psychic nonetheless. So talk."

Phury sighed, "Fine." She sat up. "Phoenix... he told me something today."

"That's good! You're bonding with your brother." Tulane said excitedly.

"Yeah... well, right now I feel like I know a little too much about him."

"What happened?" Tulane asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

She was silent for a moment, "Phoenix," her voice cracked, "he was raised by humans Tulane."

"What?" Tulane said, barely in a whisper.

"Humans!" Phury exclaimed, "I just... I wonder what his power level is... is he a novice? is-is he even competent?" Phury sucked in a breath, "he's... he's like a child, Tulane." She grabbed her head as a sudden wave of pain came on, "Oh god," she groaned.

"Hey," Tulane placed a hand on her shoulder, "relax okay. Talk to him about it tomorrow."

Phury squeezed her eyes shut, but the pain seemed to fade at Tulane's suggestion. She opened her eyes as the pain receded completely. "Yeah," she resolved, "I'll talk to him tomorrow."