Of Boggarts and Nightmares (Fred Weasley)

Hogwarts was always fascinating to you. Every corner you turned, it always felt like something was happening. There were ghosts, appearing food, teleportation, and things you couldn't even describe. You were currently in Defense Against the Dark Arts, one of your favorite classes, with Professor Lupin, your favorite teacher.

"Tomorrow we shall be working on facing our fears!" He announced as everyone packed up their things. "Please read the chapter on 'Boggarts' for homework tonight!" He called. A couple students thanked professor Lupin before heading out. You approached the professor after almost everyone had left, placing a small box on his desk. "Another one, Miss L/n?"

You grinned, shrugging. "Consider them as 'tokens of my appreciation'." You offered.

"I'll open it at the end of the day." He informed, getting ready for his next class. You nodded, heading out the door.

"Thanks, Professor!" You called over your shoulder. When you faced forward again, you had only just closed the door behind you when your wrists were grabbed and you were drug away. You rolled your eyes, knowing exactly who it was. Or rather, who they were. You allowed yourself to get pulled into a mostly empty hall. You looked up as soon as you were permitted to stop, seeing two identical red-heads looking down at you.

"What do you keep giving the Professor, L/n?" Fred asked.

"Nothing of your concern. Why? Jealous?" You asked, smirking. A mischievous glint was in your eyes as you stared the red-head down.

"Hardly, love." He shot back immediately. You ignored the pet-name, getting back to matters at hand.

"Does it matter?"

"Let's just say we're curious." George replied.

"Curiosity killed the cat." You retorted.

"Well, it's a good thing we're not cats, then."

"Maybe not, but you are in Gryffindor."

"Well, so are you."

"I'm not the one being nosey."

"Touché."

You rolled your eyes at his response, placing your free hand on your hip. (You were still holding your things from DADA class.) "Can I go now?" You questioned. The twins glanced at each other, having a silent conversation. You knew that whenever they did that it was a bad sign. You quickly turned around, rushing out of the hallway to try to get into a more crowded area, hoping that they would lose sight of you. Or if they didn't lose sight of you, if it was more crowded they wouldn't cause a scene. You had a feeling they would anyway, and that it was too much to hope for, but you were trying.

You kept glancing behind you, making sure they weren't following. Your relief was cut short when you bumped into a chest. Your wrists were grabbed before you could react, and you were pulled back into the chest, a firm hold keeping you there. Your eyes widened as your face became red. You looked up, meeting Fred's eyes. You tried to swallow the lump in your throat, but you couldn't.

"Thought you could get away so easily, huh?" He breathed out softly. You visibly shuddered, and you knew he saw it. You groaned softly, burying your red face into his chest, hoping to hide it. He chuckled softly, letting you feel the vibrations rippling through him.

"This is so humiliating." You mumbled. Fred looked around briefly, noticing that you were getting a few looks. Fred leaned down to your ear.

"Hold on." He whispered. The next thing you know, you're in an empty hallway. You looked around, taking in your new surroundings.