First Assassination Job In The Sengoku

Start from the beginning

"One of Azuchi's neighbouring domains has been having problems with this guy. He was one of the Daiymo's close friends and bodyguards but, one night, this guy betrayed him. He has stolen goods from merchants and selling them and the worst part is he's been using the money to make poisoned goods."

"How do you know he's using the money to make the poison? do you have proof?"

"I do actually, here," Nobunaga gave me a small bottle.

I took it from him and I opened the bottle and sniffed it a little. I felt disgusted when I sniffed the contents.

"Yep, that definitely smells like opium, I'd know it anywhere."

"You know it's opium?"

"My assassin apprentices use this type of poison for their hidden blades sometimes and I'm guessing this Daiymo wants me to depose of him?"

"Yes, he does."

"How much is he willing to pay me to get rid of this guy?"

Nobunaga puts down a medium bag of coins and he said to me.

"This is half of the money he asked me to give you after sharing the information about ronin, do well you'll receive the other half once you get the job done."

"All right, I'll get to it right now."

I said as I stood up and I left the room.

"And Arianna," Nobunaga called out to me before I stopped in my tracks. "Be careful out there, Mitsuhide told me there's a chance Kenshin and Shingen are still alive."

"Don't worry, I'll be fine and if I do run into the war God and the Tiger of Kai, I'll ready for them. Besides, it's only one job, what could possibly go wrong?"

"Don't say that!" Nobunaga shouted before I left the room.

I left the castle and I rode towards Azuchi's neighbouring domains. Once I got there, I put my hood on and I walked through the town while keeping an eye out for my target. I merged with the crowd until I heard a couple whispering about something.

"Hey, did you hear about Fudo?"

"Yes, it's terrible what he did to our Lord, even after learning the news about that Devil surviving the Honno-Ji temple."

"Yeah I know, our Lord is very mad."

"Let's hope he keeps his head down at the slums."

'Slums? ah, I see. In other words, it's the perfect place to start a black market business and the perfect place to escape from the guards. Very clever.'

I thought to myself as I walked away silently. I got to the roughest part of the town and I could see some of the poor homeless people sitting by small campfires and sitting to the side while begging for food and money. While I searched for the target, a couple of kids ran past me and then I felt my pouch being stolen. I grabbed the little boy by the back of his collar and I told him.

"Tienilo! (Hold it!)"

The boy looked at me in fear while holding on my coin purse. I held out my hand while glaring at him and then he gave me back my pouch.

"Gomen, Miss! please don't hurt me! I've got my mother and my little siblings to feed!"

I knelt down to his height after releasing him and I asked him.

"Why are you all here? don't you have a home to go to?"

"We did but, with the battle between the Devil king and War God including the revolts, our fathers were killed and we've been struggling for money ever since. These people you see around here, sure they are homeless but, our friend, Fudo-kun, he's been helping us to get money and food."