1

The thumping sound of black combat boots hitting the tiled floor seemed to echo throughout the halls of the school.

Naib Subedar.

The guy with the "fight me bitch" attitude and boyfriend to the beloved football star, Jack. Or at least he was.

You see, the haunting steps Naib left behind were filled with sorrow, dread, anguish, and loss.

Jack, the star player of Manors High School, passed away in an accident a week ago and Naib still hadn't gotten over his death, to no one's surprise.

    "Hey Naib." Aesop greeted with a soft look in his eyes, Eli returning the gesture not long after, though Naib was more distracted with the new comer that stood behind Eli. He had a large burn on the left half of his face.

    "Who are you?" Naib asked, wanting to know who this stranger was.
There was a look of shock mixed with confusion as he then answered, "uh, hey" the male gave an awkward smile as he place a hand behind his neck and extended his arm, the sleeves of his hoodie being pulled up slightly, revealing a small set of tinted skin.
    "This is Norton, he's friend's with Will and moved here last week." Eli answered. Norton gave an awkward smile.

    "So, is he going to be around here often?" Naib asked the other two males who were present, making a complete 180 and ignoring Norton's presence.

    "Ye-"
    "Guuuys!" A booming voice toward over Aesop's as a tall male nudged his way into the conversation.
    "What, William." Naib said with a stern tone as he then crossed his arms and looked to the tallest friend.
"I heard "Thing" part two is out in theaters today!" William said with excitement as his shiny orbs dashed between the four males.
"Really?" Norton asked with a raised brow.
William nodded furiously "Yes!"
"What's "Thing"?" Naib asked, arms crossed over his chest.
"It's the movies with that killer clown that only comes out every twenty-seven years." William gave a tense look as he fidgeted with his hands.
"Oh," was Naib's first response, "I hate that movie."
"What, I thought you loved it!?" William let out a pout but it was soon cut short with the sour answer Naib left in the open.
With his head down, Naib's voice softened but carried a contagious sorrow, "Jack loved it."
The group of boys stayed silent for a while, Eli being the first to break the silence, "has about we do something else this weekend?" He asked as he rested his hand on Naib's shoulder.
The other simply shrugged Eli away as he raised an arm and wiped the soon to be water fountain that drained from his eyes.
"I'm gonna head to class, let's catch up later." Was Naib's final sentence as he walked briskly from the group, though a pair of eyes never left his back.