Chapter 2

Training

Weeks later, we ascended to a mountain. My ability is to observe properly and try to predict what will going to happen without master saying it for me. I looked closely behind the trees and the ground. I finally realized, there were traps. The land seemed different and the trees became less. Not all the details I knew but some sort of training for stunts and styles and to support the breathing control.

This is a very risky exercise but I will gladly take the challenge. I don't care if I'm having bruises again as long as I can memorize these techniques then I'll be fine. I also noticed, I somehow figured out that the air is thin when ascending further to the mountain. I breathed heavily before we climbed up the mountain but since I still haven't mastered it well, my breathing became unstable for a moment as I was breathing heavily when Yasashi stopped walking.

"The first training is to know your movements and try to avoid any danger coming to your way. Try to descend the mountain, I'll wait until you come back then we'll proceed to the next level." He said and held my shoulder. I looked at him and saw his eyes with a lot of hope.

"Try to anticipate and dodge every traps I prepared for you. I will be watching you since you're still young. I'm not underestimating you but this is for your own safety. If any young children gets injuries, they wouldn't be able to endure it all because of their weak body. But I think that you seem to have suffered enough and had a little trauma about tour past and I don't want to see you injured once again so I'll be around. Good luck, young man." With that he disappeared, but I can see him standing on a tree branch which was far away.

He's incredibly fast despite being a normal human being, I am underestimating him and it made me idolise him.

I breathed heavily and proceeded descending the mountain. As I predicted, large logs rolled from both side of the road and covered my way. I leaped through each of them and landed to a space between them. My breathing became heavy as I accidentally fell on a pit. It wasn't deep so I climbed out the hole and proceeded again. I see the rolling logs once again and leaped through as fast as I can since they rolled pretty fast.

I landed on a rolling log and fell to the ground. I quickly got up as other objects was thrown at my way. I looked closely at their direction which they will be hitting and found some gaps at avoiding them. Though I was hit a couple of times but it only made small bruise, it wasn't painful. I continued to run and faced the same traps over and over again.

After quite sometime, I finally made to the bottom of the mountain and panted breathing for air. Master Yasashi patted my head as a sign of accomplishment.

"I'm quite surprised that you were able to avoid some difficult traps that I planted. Good job. Now, take some rest and later on, I will teach you a technique that I currently use. But for now, rest your body and predict more." Master said as I nodded. I will try to keep my guard. From now on as well, I will constantly ascending the mountain on my own and try to perfectly avoid the traps so that I can improve my abilities.

After quite some time, I finally recovered and started to breathe normally. I also knew that running can increase my stamina and having great amount of stamina helps people in facing physical problems, like the demon slayers. Stamina is needed by the demon slayers in order to kill demons easily.

I approached master Yasashi as he nodded. We went to a spacious place on top of a mountain. It was quite weird that no one named these mountains yet.

We went in the center of the place.

"This is where I was trained breathing. In combat, breathing properly is required because it increases the rate of energy in your body. Proper breathing mostly helps fighters in order to move their body constantly without any interruptions."