"How easily can you reproduce it?" he inquired.

"Extremely," she said.

"Could it be adjusted to live wildly in Amestris?"

Elizabeth considered this, pausing in walking in the snow to focus her thoughts. "Hmm... in most areas, yes. The only questionable zone would be in the north. It doesn't handle the cold well, but the only place in Amestris that regularly drops to degrees that could kill it is the north."

"Excellent." This warranted another brief tickle on her cheeks, causing Elizabeth to giggle in delight. "Now what are you doing out here?"

"Hunting Scar," Elizabeth explained. "And I suppose killing off the remaining Briggs soldiers."

Selim's shadows stretched out around her, several pairs of red eyes glistening as they searched around. "It is time we put an end to Scar's nonsense. I will hunt him with you."

Elizabeth's eyes sparkled with joy. She so adored hunting with her best friend!

"Yes, please!"

(óヮò)ノ*:・゚✧

The industrial park was quiet except for the footsteps of the soldiers. Selim's shadows, while weak due to distance, were more than enough to rapidly search every nook and cranny. His decades of experience in hunting down humans gave him ample advantage. As he searched, he lifted Elizabeth carefully into high vantage points and watched her drop down on unsuspecting guards.

Silent, she would leap down and dig her rapier straight through their head, using the force of her fall to provide the necessary strength. Before the other soldier(s)—for they always travelled in twos, or threes—could shoot her, she had already launched toxic needles into their exposed throats or eyes.

A shout, or yell, did escape a few of them before they passed. If Elizabeth was off her aim, or didn't sever the vocal chords fast enough they drew attention to themselves.

But they were far enough away that Elizabeth could take care of their bodies.

Meaning Selim already devoured them, or Elizabeth maimed them enough to pass it off as a Scar attack at a glance.

One group at a time, Elizabeth and Selim hunted the soldiers.

Until Selim found their prize.

Scar.

(óヮò)ノ*:・゚✧

He was hiding out in one of the abandoned buildings, trying to keep to the shadows. He unknowingly walked right over Selim, alerting them to his position.

The shadows carried her up to the building, and she moved without making a sound.

She loaded her weapons, prepared her grenades, and then—

She attacked.

Out of the darkness, she leapt at Scar, throwing out her first toxic needle that he effortlessly dodged. Her appearance startled Scar, causing the Ishvalan to widen his eyes, and grimace.

Elizabeth landed delicately on her feet, smiling with vicious glee as she curtsied. "Good evening, Scar. I will be your hunter for today."

He scoffed, launching himself at her with speed that would rival Papa's. Selim's shadows shot up from directly underneath Scar as he was in mid jump. Being human meant he had no way of changing the direction of his jump mid air, giving Selim the perfect opportunity to pierce into his limbs.