Robots, Anarchy, and Friendship

Marcus slipped under the garage door as he entered Wrench's place. He had gotten a message from his friend who simply said 'This is awesome. Come see it!' and that was enough to get Marcus intrigued. As he stood up, he could hear the voices of Wrench and T-Bone, seemingly arguing over something.

"Aw, c'mon..." Marcus muttered. "This again?"

He had tried, really, he had, to get T-Bone and Wrench to get along. But ever since Ray used Wrench Jr. as an EMP, there had always been some bad blood between the pair. They didn't hate each other, but it always seemed like things would be that much better if they just got along.

"...I'm telling you it would be so much cooler if we attached it!" He could hear Wrench argue.

"...know, but it'll make them extremely slow. How are we gonna attach the tanks?" Ray countered.

Rounding the corner, Marcus was taken aback to see Wrench and T-Bone weren't having a heated argument, but seemed to be working together on something. The masked hacker was drawing on a white board, and the older hacker was drinking a beer while looking at some blueprints. What also surprised Marcus was the Tidis truck in the garage with a number of Watcher bots in the back.

"Hey, uh... I'm here." Marcus said, trying to get their attention. Wrench snapped to attention and his mask emoted ^ ^ when he saw his friend.

"Marcus! Sweet!" Wrench exclaimed. "Okay, so hear us out on this one. What if we made those Watcher bots into robot fighters?!"

"We're thinking buzz saws, electro-guns, spikes, maybe even flamethrowers... Although that probably wouldn't work because of the weight of the gasoline tank."

"So?! We'll condense the size and attach it to the back!" Wrench shot back, as if they had been debating this for a bit.

"Okay, back up." Marcus said, finally getting a word in edgewise. "First of all, fighting robots? Dude, that's freakin' dope. But second, how did this happen?"

Wrench and T-Bone looked to one another, then back to Marcus.

"Well..." They both shrugged in unison.

Flashback! (flashback... flashback... flashback...)

Wrench climbed out of the Nudle car he 'borrowed' and looked around, seeing Ray sitting on a bench nearby, he made his way over and sat down next to the older man.

"So... what did you drag me out here for?" Wrench asked, looking out onto the bay.

"Listen, I wanted to apologize." T-Bone finally said. "I know that Wrench Jr. meant a lot to you, and I know I may have been a bit abrasive, but there wasn't any other way."

"Really? You dragged me out here to say something you could've said over the phone?" Wrench asked, annoyed.

"No." T-Bone shook his head. "I brought you out here because I wanted to make it up to you." Pointing over to a warehouse on the pier he added: "The Watcher 2.0 is gonna be released in about a week, in that warehouse, there's a literal truck full of them. I managed to get mt hands on some blueprints, and they're gonna be rolling out a whole line of accessories for them."

"Accessories? What, like sex toys?" Wrench asked, somewhat disgusted.

"No." T-Bone replied almost immediately. "At least, I hope not. But like, vacuum cleaners, coffee makers, stuff like that."

"Okay..." Wrench nodded, his mask emoting '. . .' in confusion.

"Have you ever seen Real Steel?" Ray asked.

Wrench went silent in response, confused as to why he was being asked if he had seen a movie about fighting-

"No." Wrench said, emoting 'O o'. "Get out."

"Hell yeah, you down to steal a truck and make some fighting robots?" Ray smirked over at Wrench.

"I love you." Wrench simply said, his masking showing '* w *'.

"Don't ever show me that again."

About ten minutes later, Wrench and T-Bone climbed off of a boat and slipped through the door into the Tidis storage building. The pair remained against a wall until Wrench pulled his phone out and tapped into the security system, shutting the alarms off and looping the security camera feeds.

"Okay, that should give us about eight minutes or so." Ray commented. "Tidis decided not to put a lot of security around here because they don't want people to know what's going on."

"Isn't that a little counter-productive?" Wrench asked his eyes changing to '? ?'. "If they don't want people to know what's going on, wouldn't they try to have more guards to keep people from trying to break in?"

"Dunno, and who cares?" T-Bone shrugged. "The truck's over there!"

Darting across the floor, Wrench and T-Bone went to the back of a truck and found it locked shut with a steel lock and chain.

"Damn it..." T-Bone growled. "Do you wanna risk it and take the truck? If it's the wrong one then we could probably use whatever's in it for parts and-"

WHAM!

Without warning, Wrench smashed the lock with his sledgehammer, smashing the lock into pieces.

"There. Done." He shrugged.

Then the alarms went off.

"Or, we could do that too." Ray rolled his eyes.

Presently... (presently... presently... presently...)

"Okay, so that answers that, but how did you guys escape from the security?" Marcus asked skeptically. "Are they still looking for you guys or..."

Wrench and Ray looked at each other once again.

"Well..."

Flashback! (flashback... flashback... flashback...)

"DRIVE RAY! DRIIIVVVEEEEE!" Wrench screamed as loudly as he could. Hacking every vehicle he could to try and slow the cops down. T-Bone didn't reply, but barreled the truck through a police blockade. All the while 'Born to be Wild'was blaring over the speakers. Ray swerved hard to the right to make a turn, accidentally throwing Wrench off of the back of the truck, sending him flying onto the hood of a police car.

Presently... (presently... presently... presently...)

"We took back alleys, kept to the edge of town." Ray shrugged. "They didn't see us in the end."

Flashback! (flashback... flashback... flashback...)

Ray groaned as he pulled Wrench up from the edge of the bridge. The two panted heavily, the adrenaline somewhat subsiding as the two looked into the large valley below where the flaming remains of the police cars had driven into. Ray and Wrench looked to one another.

"We never speak of this to Marcus." Wrench simply said.

"Agreed." T-Bone nodded.

"But that was awesome."

"Agreed."

Presently... (presently... presently... presently...)

"So... now we've got a bunch of Watcher 2.0 bots to make fighting robots with!" Wrench finished, his mask again emoting ' ^ ^ ' "This is gonna be AWE-SOME~!"

"So, what do you need me to do?" Marcus asked.

"Well, grab some tools and let's build some damn fightin' robots!" T-Bone replied energetically.

"Hell yeah!" Marcus and Wrench high-fived. "Okay Marcus, I'm thinking we could make a buzz saw launcher for one of them, maybe a beartrap armour for another? Ooh! Ooh! What if we make a fighting robot withina fighting robot?!"

"That is genius." T-Bone declared as the trio set to work. The sounds of machinery, laughter, and beers opening continued long into the night. All the while Marcus smiled as he watched the two interact. It was clear their bad blood was over, they were friends now, and Dedsec was about to have an armada of fighting robots.

The End

Written By: Dedsec Affiliate: 'R4pt0r' A.K.A. 'Raptor', 'Dies3l', 'YetiSpaghe11i'.