Chapter 12

Three days later...

"Valaina!"

My eyes opened as I sat up straight. Beads of sweat covered my forehead and I felt my uneven breathing. I let out a loud sigh and finally calmed down a little, placing my hand over my heart feeling its loud thumping. I let my finger trail through my hair in confusion, contemplating the nightmare I just had. I was taken aback when the realization hit me. Those nightmares which had me distressed throughout my childhood have suddenly begin to resurface again. The same devastating voice of a lady, screaming that name in pain, as if someone or something was tearing her apart. As if she has lost someone close to her heart. Her heart wrenching voice calling out for someone, as if she was calling out to me. At this moment, my head was throbbing and a loud groan escaped through my mouth.

All of a sudden, a loud knock on the door made me look up to adjust my eyes on the door. I sighed before answering, still not opening the door. "Yes?" "This is Glawareth, My Lady." Hearing the response, I stood up, stumbling a little to open the door for her. Glawareth is a brunette, with long, shiny hair. She is fair looking, tall and always has a beautiful smile on her face, to which I always wondered about her life. She once told me she had spent most of her childhood in this castle, her mother was a maid herself here who used to serve the Kings late wife, Queen Elanor. Her mother was considered one of the most trusted servants in the realm, she was also Queen Elanor's best friend. She even said a brief about her being trained in the sword fighting and also in bow and arrow, to which she turned out to be very skillful one. Sadly, she died fighting in trying to save the Queens life. Since then, the King himself treats her as his own daughter, to which she is grateful to him.

Opening the door wide open, Glawareth stood with her signature brightest smile on her face. "Good Morning, My – My Eru, What happened to you?" Her expression changed from happy to shocked. Her eyes wide opened as she lifted her hand to touch my forehead with the back of her palm gently. "You have fallen ill? Why didnt you ask for me before?" She asked with concern. "I am feeling fine, I dont feel sick. And I have told you so many times since the last three days, please, call me Elaine." I said, almost rolling my eyes. "Yes, yes, yes, yes. I get it. I just forget sometimes. But tell me, what happened? You look like you have been crying." She said as she trailed behind me inside the chamber and closed the door behind her. "Oh, well, that's nothing. Just a horrible nightmare that I had." I said, filling up a glass with water. "Oh. Would you like to talk about it? Maybe you will feel better after." She suggested.

I thought about it for a moment. I was not sure of how talking about the nightmare to Glawareth would help me. "My apologies, I should not have asked you about it. It is absolutely alright if you don't want to talk, I understand." With that, she stood up and began to walk towards the door. "No, wait. It is nothing like that. It is just, I have been having these dreams ever since was a child. And I have not spoken about it to anyone. Maybe you are right. If I would speak about it, maybe it will help me get away with it." I explained, and with that she turned around and looked at me and nodded. I gestured her to sit on the armchair, to which she did. I sighed and closed my eyes for the moment as I began to speak about the nightmare.