A New Kind Of Game

Start from the beginning

"Jack," I said.

"Same here," Vince said.

"Alright I'll be right back," she said as she walked away.

"I'm surprised they don't check ID," I laughed.

"It would be hard to explain yours," Vince laughed.

"Is the drinking age still 21?" Tommy asked.

"Yup. And so is the age to smoke weed. Well in some states," I said.

"It's legal to smoke weed?" Tommy asked shocked.

"Only in some states like California and shit," I laughed.

"What about coke?" Vince asked.

"Still illegal," I laughed.

"What else has changed?" Tommy asked.

"Not much. We use a lot more technology but we don't have anything like flying cars. I mean we have electric cars," I said.

"Electric cars?" Vince asked.

"Yeah they're better for the environment and whatnot," I replied.

"Here you are," the lady smiled as she walked up to us and handed us our drinks. "Also could I get an autograph?" she asked.

Well that's probably why she didn't ask for an ID. She seemed starstrucked.
Staring at them like she had just won a million dollars.

"Sure, anything for a fan," Vince smiled.

She gave them a poster and a marker.

"You certainly came prepared," I laughed.

"Yeah I knew you guys were coming but I couldn't go because I had to work," she frowned. "I hoped you guys would come here since it was right across the stadium and here you are," she smiled.

"Trust me you didn't miss anything," I jokingly said.

"Hey," Tommy said punching my arm.

"Here you can meet us back at our hotel once you're off work," Vince smiled as he passed her a napkin with the name of the hotel.

"YES.. I mean yeah cool," she said blushing.

It was cute to see fans get all excited. And that excitement never wore down. I mean it had been a few months of hanging out with the guys. And here I was as excited as ever.

"Bring your friends too," Nikki said.

I turned to look at him just to see him shaking his head at my jealousy. He smirked and then took a swig of his whiskey.

"You have a real staring problem don't you?" Nikki laughed.

I looked away again annoyed at his response.

I took a drink of my whiskey and felt the burn in my throat hoping that I would soon be having a better time than I was in the moment.

"So you said you would show me how to have fun T-bone," I said.

"Well the night has only begun," Tommy laughed.

"Are you guys Mötley Crüe?" Some girl asked as she walked up to the table.

She had a friend with her and the both looked like a typical pair of groupies. It didn't bother me other than the fact that I knew Nikki was being an asshole and I knew he would do something.

"Who else would we be?" Vince laughed.

I tuned out the rest of the conversation but then was knocked out of my daze when one of the groupies started crawling over my lap to get into Vince's since we were sitting at a booth.