"Valentine took Jocelyn with him, but we found Jace's father." I held Jace's face, "It seems impossible, but- we did."

"What? I thought Valentine killed Jace's father." Simon looks between us, just as confused.

"He tried." Michael exhales, "Hello, Lucian."

"This can't be." Luke shook his head in denial, "I thought I'd never see you again."

"I never thought I'd see anyone again." Michael mutters, looking at Jace's wound.

Luke cleated his throat, "What happened?"

"Demon got him- he can't fight the poison." I began to pace, running a hand through my hair, "His runes are too weak and he needs blood, but we can't go back to the Institute."

Suddenly, an idea popped into my head as I made my way over to Simon, "Simon, there's gotta be some kind of blood at Hotel DuMort- right? I mean- you could call Raphael or something?-"

"Calling won't work. We have to do this in person."
Simon held my arms, "My van is in the garage. You drive, I'll hide under a blanket to stay out of the sun, and- there's underground parking in the hotel."

I nod quickly, Michael looking at us, "He's weaker. You gotta hurry-"

I grab Jace's face, caressing his cheek with my thumb, "Hey- listen to me. I'm coming back."

"Zee-" Jace's voice was weak, grabbing my wrist, his eyes barely open, as if he wanted me to say.

"Jace- I need to go." My voice was steady as I kissed his forehead, "I'm coming back, I promise."

Jace wheezes, not being able to breath, opening his eyes wider, his voice raspy and barely there, "Zee-"

"Hang on, Jace- a little longer." I pull away, running to Simon, "Simon, let's go."

"Come on." Simon grabs my hand, pulling me along to the back doors.

-

I huff deeply as I paced back and forth, stressed that we wouldn't make it back in time, "Why can't we just take what we need and leave?"

"If we were transfusing goat blood, no problem." Simon sighs, "But, I'm sure you know- human blood, that's against the Accords."

I looked at him, "I didn't."

Raphael shows up behind Simon suddenly, "I'm surprised you know that much."

Simon turns around, huffing, "Why do you keep doing that to me?"

"If you worked on controlling your enhanced senses, as you should, you wouldn't be surprised." Raphael remarks, then looks at me, "Zee, you really have to stop barging in here."

"I wouldn't if I didn't have to." I snipped at him, crossing my arms, "We need blood."

"So I've heard. Human blood." Raphael says, "Funny how those rules for Downworlders stop being such a big deal when you need our help."

Raphael pauses, then shook his head and sat down, "No can do."

"Okay, listen." Simon pulled him back up and brought him to the side, "Last night, I bumped into Bernice. She overheard a couple of bridge and tunnel vamps gossiping about Camille."

"You said Camille took a leave of absence, right?" Raphael eyes me, muttering back.

"Yeah, yeah. They didn't care about that." Simon said, "They said she kept around a couple of humans, apparently, she'd feed on them, but never went all the way."