"It is an alternate timeline, in a sense." Meliorn continued to use his magic, "There, Shadowhunters and demons no longer exist. Downworlders have conformed to the mundane way of life to avoid detection."

My hands slip into the pockets of my leather jacket, "What happened to the Shadowhunters?"

"Their services were no longer required, because they won the war against the demons, centuries ago." Meliorn's magic made a door start to appear, "Once they sealed the rifts between their worlds, their culture faded away."

"Once you arrive in the alternate dimension, you will assume the body of the Zee in that world." Meliorn continued, "You will think and feel just like her."

"But- I'll still know I'm not a part of that dimension, right?" I questioned, "I'll know I have to find the Portal using Clary's necklace?"

"There's a catch." Jace sighs deeply, "With Seelies, there's always a catch."

Meliorn looked back at me for just a moment, "Your alternate self could consume you if you let it."

"Uhm-" I clear my throat, "Is there a way to- not let it?"

"Focus on the differences between that world and ours." Meliorn strains, "Find something or someone to keep you grounded to this one."

"Okay-" I exhale deeply, "I can handle it."

"It will be more difficult than you think." Meliorn said to me, "If you don't hurry, you could cease to be this world's Zee Young."

I looked down, "And be stuck in that world forever."

-

"I just need to be sure it's safe." I stood in front of Jace, shoving the Mortal Cup card in his inside jacket pocket as the night had fallen over us, "Just in case- I don't make it back."

Jace gently grabs my face and unexpectedly presses a kiss to my lips, "You're coming back."

"As much as I loved that-" I clear my throat lightly, a rose color taking up my cheeks, "What do either of us know about interdimensional travel?"

Jace softly smiled at me in humor, "Little bit."

I playfully roll my eyes, "Really?"

Jace leans his forward against mine and pressed his lips into mine again, holding me as if I'm the most delicate thing he had ever put his hands on.

"It's time." Meliorn's voice makes us break apart, my eyes landing on the huge doors between the trees.

I shot Jace a look, then inhale sharply, "Meliorn, I appreciate the risk you're taking, but a life debt requires you ensure my safety, so I'll agree to go alone but if I find this alternate Portal, I won't be able to face Valentine on my own."

Jace nods, backing me up, "She'll need backup."

"If you find the Portal, you may come back for him." Meliorn nods back to us, "Shadowhunters need Seelie permission to go through, only demons can pass through unaided."

Meliorn began to speak Seelie, opening the doors, the doors opening up to a colorful portal.

I gave Jace one last look before entering the portal, my vision changing to me holding plates, the day seeming brighter.

My hair was longer than how I usually kept it, dressed in white sneakers and ripped mom jeans, a chain hanging from them, a white tank top tucked into them with a brown flannel over top, unbuttoned, Clary's necklace suddenly around my neck.

I turned, looking around to be aware of my surroundings when I see Valentine Morgenstern walking over to the table, setting down a few plates.