xxvii. house party

Start from the beginning

"So, how's everyone doin?" Carol asked.

"Very well, thanks." Pepper said.

"Pretty good." I said.

"It's nice, I haven't seen Clint so relaxed in years, so yeah, I'm good." Laura chimed in.

"Things are great." Hope said. 

"I can't. Do. Anything, And it sucks." Wanda said. Everyone laughed.

"Oh, yeah. We haven't caught up in a while, so about that, Wanda?" Laura asked.

"Yes, about this." Wanda smiled, putting her hand on her stomach.

"You told me about it, right?" Pepper asked.

"I came to your house while Nat was gone, so I'm pretty sure."

"Enough with the chit-chat, I want to hear details. Look, I know I'm new here, but I like you guys already. Sorry, I just like being a part of stuff." Carol said, first happy, then a bit disappointed sounding.

"Aw, it's ok. You'll fit in just fine." Pepper said. Carol smiled, and Wanda continued on with her story.

"So it happened during the snap/blip, whatever you wanna call it." Wanda began. "Bucky and I spent a lot of time together, he was so kind about my losses and I helped him with bringing back his old memories and taking out his bad ones. We make a good team, if I say so myself. I don't know, over the span of five years, you get to know someone pretty well, I mean, I'm pregnant, and we consider ourselves 'partners'."

"You think you'll ever get married?" Hope asked.

"Maybe one day, but not now."

"You took his last name, right?" Laura asked.

"I did. Wanda Barnes."

"Awww." Pepper said. "Do you know the baby's gender?"

"No, I think we decided to keep it a surprise."

"I better be the first one to know." I said. Everyone laughed again.

________________________________________________________________________________

Steve's POV:

"You look good, man." I told Thor, who had slimmed down back to his usual self.

"Thank you, and you do not look half bad yourself."

"Thanks."

"Should've seen him before he looked like that. Half bad would've been a great way to describe him." Bucky grinned. Everyone burst into laughter. I rolled my eyes and we continued into our conversation.

Around midnight...

At this point, almost everyone had left except the Starks, Bucky, Wanda, Sam, Carol, and of course Nat and Emma. Tony, Pepper, Nat, and I tucked Emma and Morgan in bed in Emma's room, since it was too late to try to take Morgan home. Natasha was sprawled out, half on my lap, half on the couch. Pepper was the same with Tony, and Wanda for Bucky.

"Woah, dude, it's late. I think I'll go." Sam said, yawning and checking his watch.

"You sure? We have a guest room." I said.

"Nah, nah, it's fine. I'm fine to go home. Thanks, though."

"No problem." Everyone weakly waved bye to Sam as he walked away.

"I think I should go too." Carol said.

"How far do you have to go?" I asked.

"It's a bit of a trip, but I'll be fine."

"I know where you're going, Carol, and I'm not letting you go there tonight." Natasha said. Her very awake voice startled me because I thought she was asleep. "You'll stay in the guest room."

"Thanks, but-"

"No. You're staying here."

"Thank you, then."

"Where do you have to go?" I asked.

"New Asgard."

"That's where Thor lives, right?"

"Yep."

"Anything special over there?"

"You could say that, yes." Before we continued the conversation, Pepper cut in.

"I think it's time that we go. If it's no problem, we can pick up Morgan in the morning."

"Of course it's no problem. We'll call when we're up." Natasha replied.

"Thanks for everything. G'nite guys!" Pepper said, half dragging Tony back to their car.

"Uh, I think I'm gonna go to sleep now. W-where's the room?" Carol asked. Natasha slowly got up and showed her to the guest room. Bucky and Wanda fell asleep on the couch for today, they didn't seem to mind, I think they were too tired to care.

"Night, guys."

"Night." Wanda replied weakly. I got up and started walking to our room when Natasha almost slammed into me. All of the lights were off so it was very dark in the house.

"Oof! Sorry!" Natasha whispered.

"It's fine. You ready?"

"Yeah, I'm tired." she said sleepily.

"Me too."

This is my makeup for yesterday's chapter, and I'll post the next chapter as if my schedule didn't get messed up, so...maybe Thursday? Since it's Thanksgiving, as long as I have time I should be able to post the next chapter, but my mom and I are going to have people over and we're cooking, so if it's time to post on Thursday, don't wait for me. XD 

Happy *early* Thanksgiving!