Being Accepted

Começar do início

America: of course.

France: okay, love you my chérie, I'll see you in a bit.

America: love you too mom, bye.

France: bye

Call ends

"Russia!" I called out. I heard someone rush up the stairs and the door opened. "Yes Meri?" Russia asked. "Could you drive me to Britains house? I gotta have a family discussion." I asked. "Sure" Russia answered. I smiled and got off the bed. We both walked down the stairs.

We made it outside and Russia got in the drivers seat. I got in the passengers seat and we drove to my old home. Once we got there I told him to wait in the car for me. I walked up to the porch and knocked on the door, feeling pretty nervous. New Zealand answered the door. "America!" She shouted as she hugged me. I smiled, all my, nervousiness going away.

Then Australia ran over and joined in the hug. "I missed you too guys..." I said as I patted their backs. I looked behind them to see dad, looking very serious. All of a sudden a wave of anxiety flew over me. Mom walked over beside dad and whispered something in his ear before patting his back and smiling at me.

NZ and Aussie released me from their hug and brought me inside. "Greetings, America..." Britain said. I walked up to him trying to act formal as well. "Hello, father..." I said. "Have a seat, will you get me and America some tea, honey?" Father said. Mom nodded and walked into the kitchen.

I sat down on the couch and dad sat in a chair on the left side of the coffee table. (The living room is like this:
Chair  coffee table  chair
             Couch)

There was an awkward silence for a few moments until mom walked in with two cups each with mini plates to go with them and a kettle filled with tea. She set the plates down with the cups on them and poured tea in them. "Tell him, what you need to, dear." Mom told dad as she walked back into the kitchen.

"Ahem, yes, America, I understand that you've, uh... chosen... Ahem... To be... Homosexual..." He said. I could tell he was trying to stay proper, I've never seen him stutter like this. "And um... I've been thinking that... Your still a human like everyone else... And... You should be treated with the same respect anyone else would be treated with... So I've decided that... Maybe... Maybe I should start accepting the fact that I... Can't change your choices, because I am not you and you've decided to choose this path... I've decided to respect your choices..." He said before taking a sip of his tea.

"You mean... You respect the gay...?" I asked. "Well, if you don't want to be formal about it, I guess..." He said. I then stood up. "Dad respects the gay! Dad respects the gay!" I said in a sing-song voice, waving my arms in the air. Dad chuckled and rolled his eyes. "Dad respects the gay!?" NZ asked. I nodded. Then both her and Aussie joined. "Dad respects the gay! Dad respects the gay!" We all said.

"Okay, that's enough about respecting the gay." Mom said as she chuckled. "B-but! The gay!" I said in a dramatic shakey voice. Mom let out a giggle at that. "You are the gay." She said as she walked over and pat my head. "I am the gay!" I said. "Also, America... I'm not trying to be offensive but... I think you might want to lose some weight..." Dad said.

I turned to dad, done playing around. "Ummmm... About that..." I said, thinking of how I was going to put this.

Russia's POV

I sat there, waiting for America to come back. What am I gonna do til then? Listen to music? No... I can't ever find good music on the radio...

Just then I saw something in the corner of my eye. I looked towards the porch of the house and saw America walking outside, his mother and father were right at the door. His mother seemed to be crying, she didn't seem sad but proud or happy while his dad on the other hand seemed to be confused and slightly frustrated.

I couldn't hear them that well but I did hear America say. "I'm sorry! I can't answer that! But I gotta go!" Then they talked for a few moments. France hugged America before he walked back over to the van. France was waving goodbye, a big smile on her face.

"What was that about?" I asked. "Uh... Let's just say I had a very confusing thing you'd never think your son would tell you..." America said. "Meri... You could've simplified that into you told them your pregnant..." I said. "Yeah but, should I really?" He asked. "Yeah" I said, nodding.

2050 words

Woo woo! Britain respects the gay! 🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈