CHAPTER ONE - CHANGING THE PLANS

"Alexa! Sit up straight!"

"Yes, Mother." Alexa Spencer straightened her back and continued picking the contents of her plate.

Helena Spencer looked at her and then turned to speak to her husband.

Lexi sighed silently to herself. This is how its always been for her.

Alexa do this..

Alexa do that..

She was always obedient and was groomed to be the perfect daughter. She thought that if she followed everything that her parents had told her to do, they would be proud of her. But as it turns out, nothing she does seemed to satisfy them.

"Alexa! Are you even listening to what I'm  saying?" She jolted out of her reverie when she heard her mother's sharp voice and looked up to see her parents looking at her.

She flushed and stammered, "I-I'm sorry Mother. What were you saying?"

Her mother glared and said, "I was telling you that we're having dinner with the Hamiltons this coming friday night so whatever you have planned on that evening, drop it."

Lexi dropped her jaw. She was planning to go to the movies and dinner with her friends. Its been planned for weeks because they've been waiting for the movie to hit the theaters. "B-but-------!"

"No objections Alexa!

She immediately closed her mouth and continued to look on her plate. She wanted to explain that she promised her bestfriends that she wouldn't back out. But knowing her mother, she wouldnt care about her friends. So all she can do is obey her mother's commands.

As she was listening to her parents talking, she was thinking of a way to explain to her bestfriends that she wont be able to make it.

*************************************************

But Lexi, you promised that you would go no matter whatever comes up! We've been planning this for weeks! We even bought our tickets in advance.

"I know, Ange! Don't remind me about it. The more I think about it, the more I feel guilty that I have to cancel our plans because of this stupid dinner." She sighed. "I'm sorry but you know how hardheaded my mother can be. She seemed to think that this dinner with the Hamiltons are more important than whatever I have planned."

After dinner, she immediately went to her room and called one of her friends, Angela Paige, to break the news. She has known Angela, Amanda Pierce, Ariana Bertelli, Sophia Hammond and Isabella von Strauss since they started kindergarten. They formed a group and were called "The Belles of Woodbridge Academy". They consist of the 6 girls that come from the most powerful families in the city. Since she doesnt have siblings, she considered these girls her sisters. She grew up with them. They did everything together. They went through the pains of puberty together. They knew that they had each other to run to when they have problems. All of them even went to the same university and was in the same sorrority.

Have you told the others?

"No, I havent." She replied. "You're first one I called the moment dinner was over." She explained. "I'll call them one by one to explain why I cant make it friday night."

Do you think we can get a refund on our tickets since you won't be able to make it? It's not the same without you. The group have to be complete.

"No! Don't be silly! Go and watch the movie. Just because I couldn't make it, doesn't mean that we wont have another movie night with the girls." Then she thought of something, "I know what! Since I won't be able to join you at the movies, why dont we meet up for some drinks at the old watering hole after I'm done with the dinner? That way, I can keep my mother happy and at the same time, I get to spend time with my favorite people in the whole world."

Yeah.. Why didn't I think of that? That's great idea! That way we can catch up and you can tell us how the dinner went.

"So it's settled then? I'll text the others and let them know the change of plan." She walked to her drawer  and took out a nightie. "I'll call you if there are any changes. I gotta go. Love yah! Bye!" Then she disconnected the call. Phew! That was a close call. She was relieved that she was able to change her plans without actually breaking her plans with them just to accommodate her mother's demands.

She was smiling to herself as she made her way to her adjoining bathroom for nice long soak in her tub.

*************************************************
A. N.
Hey guys! Its me again.. This was a really quick update.. sorry for the typos.. anyway, I was thinking of how to describe Lexi and Mark in the story.. I was thinking Lexi would have long hair and soft green eyes.. How about Ashley Greene or Lucy Hale or Troian Bellisario? Mark would have sandy brown hair or dark hair and green eyes.. Im thinking Steven Amell or Robbie Amell or Justin Collins.

Please lemme know what you think.

Xoxo,
Eeanne♡