"Well, it's late. We should head home." Jisoo suggested.

"Maybe." Jennie stood up and gathered her coat.

"What about Lia?" Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows.

"She is going to head out with Yeji and her mothers."

"Seulgi and Joohyun? You mean for Halloween?" Jisoo had an amused smile on her lips.

Jennie nodded, yes.

"And you allowed her to go? You actually said yes??" Jisoo was in disbelief.

"I'm not that strict." Jennie crossed her arms.

"But overprotective." Jisoo argued. "So she is allowed to eat sweets for once huh..."

"No she is not." Jennie shook her head. "I allowed her to collect it as long as an adult is with her but she can't eat the sweets. At least not more than one a day."

"The cruelty..." Jisoo made a face.

"Shut up, it's not healthy."

...

The two girls were in first grade now. They usually met up in Yeji's house to hang out.

"What do you think of my pumpkin?" Yeji added the last finishing touch to her round pumpkin, holding the cookie cutter against it.

They used cookie cutters instead of pocket knives because Jisu wasn't allowed in a three meter radius with a knife. Seulgi already cut the top part out for them with a serrated knife. Jisu scooped out the pulp and seeds with a metal spoon because it was the least 'dangerous' part. Yeji scraped the inside until it looked decent.

"I think it looks terrific." Jisu tapped a rubber mallet against the cookie cutter as Yeji held it.

Once the cookie cutter was stuck inside they pulled it out before Yeji cut the shape out.

"And you are not just saying that because you are my best friend?" Yeji asked. Jisu let Yeji choose which shapes to apply.

"No it looks cute." She insisted. Most of the shapes were hearts and flowers.

"It's supposed to look scary!" Yeji frowned. It doesn't look scary, at all.

"Ah my bad. It does look scary." Jisu lied. "I'm sure once we put a tea light inside it'll look very scary."

Yeji gave her a not convinced look but decided to change the topic. "Anyways... let's get dressed up and head out."

...

"You still look stressed. What's up?" Jisoo questioned when they walked the stairs to their apartment up. Even now, avoiding elevators.

"It's the YG situation. I can't tell you much about it but in a few days we will meet in court." Jennie said exasperated.

"So? You are going to win again either way." Jisoo sounded sure. Jennie never loses.

"According to sources of mine, his lawyer is supposed to be a big threat." She stated. "They say he could even be a threat to me."

"Just do your best and even if you lose, it's not like the world is going to end--"

"Oh no Jisoo. Losing was never an option to begin with." Jennie clenched her fists. "I must win."

The raven stared at her feline features that creased into a frown. She didn't like seeing her so upset.

"You know...." Jisoo muttered.

"No way, Jisoo." Jennie declined. She would never ask Jisoo to break the law for her.

"But if you are so adamant on win--"