Love you and miss you a lot,
Uncle Kasi

Tessie,

Did you hear about the Tournament? I'm sure you have by now! Wow — how exciting that must be? I'm a bit envious on how it's taking place there in Hogwarts. You're lucky to get to watch it all happen.

But anyways — your birthday is coming up in a month. Is there anything in particular you'd like this year? A book you've been dying to read? Some pranking items? Write back to me, and I'll see if I can have Tommy send it back to you.

I really miss you a lot, and I hope I can see you soon.

Love always,
Philip

Tessa grinned and pulled out a fresh roll of parchment and a quill from her bag. Pushing all the plates around her aside, she started to scrawl her message back to them.

Dear Uncle,

That's alright! I knew about work, and understand it's not easy to leave anytime you want to. Don't worry — we'll have plenty of time in the future to get together. Take care at home, and don't skip meals!

Maybe you can have your meals with Remus? Uncle Alex? Or maybe with Grandma Odette and Grandpa Edward? I hate eating alone as well — so maybe eating with someone might help.

No promises on being at my best behavior!

Love,
Tessa

Dear Philip,

It's honestly a great surprise when I found out about the Tournament! But yes — I'm very excited to see how everything plays out. Don't worry — I'll be sure to write to you when it starts!

For my birthday? Well . . . it would be nice if you somehow managed to create a potion that ages you to seventeen, and permits you to come to Hogwarts. I don't really have anything in particular to ask for. This year, I'd be happy to just be able to see you at least once in Hogsmeade!

Love and miss you even more,
Tessie

Tessa sharply whistled once, and Tommy instantly soared over to her as she let him take the letters and fly back to the Owlery. She then proceeded to open the parcel — and to her surprise lay a book inside: The Giver by Lois Lowry. There was a note slipped between the pages that said:

This is a brand new Muggle book that was just published last year — and I thought you might be interested in reading it. I've read it this summer, and I know not many witches and wizards have heard of it — but it'd be nice if you gave it a try. Hope you like it.
From: doesn't matter

Hermione peered over her shoulder and cooed, "Another letter from your secret admirer? If you don't find out who he is by this year, I will." Tessa burst out laughing at that before smiling to herself and sliding the book carefully into her bag.

Lastly — the parchment note. She picked it up and let her eyes skim through the words written in elegant cursive — a stark contrast from the shitty print of the former one:

The sunflower seeds you gave me last Christmas bloomed a few weeks ago during the summer. It's a shame I can't give you one, Braveheart. They looked really bright and yellow last I saw them.

Tessa nearly had a whiplash with how fast she snapped her head up. Her breath caught in her throat upon realizing he was already looking at her, that amused sort of fondness in that pale, pointed face of his. He winked at her, and she narrowed her eyes at him. Stop winking at me, or else.