Chapter 2

He sighs, keeping Jen behind him. "Let's go," he says quietly, hoping they leave. She stays close to him. As the paparazzi get closer, without thinking, she grabs his forearm. She always felt protected by him. He guides her, gently pushing through the paparazzi, who go wild at her holding him. She notices and lets go, but still keeps close. She didn't want to let go, though. And now she feels alone among the paparazzi. She wants to grab hold of him, but they're snapping photos.

He groans in frustration and turns around. Usually, he wouldn't snap at the paparazzi, but they were really late. "Take your pictures and leave please," he says. He didn't sound angry, but his silence and stern face spoke for that. She walks faster, ahead of him, takes his hand from behind, and leads him to go faster. She really hated that they couldn't even get coffee in peace. He follows her quickly before breaking into a run with her, hands still joined.

They reach the car and she gets in as fast as possible, She let's go of his hand and he goes to the driver’s seat. He quickly gets in, backing out of the parking space and driving off. She sighs once they're driving away. "Wasn't that fun?" she says sarcastically, leaning back in her seat.

"Mhm. So fun I could pull my hair out," he replies with a sigh.

She rolls her eyes. "Thanks, by the way," she takes a sip of her drink and looks over at him.

He raises an eyebrow. "For what?" he asks curiously as they pull up to a red light.

She holds up her drink in response, "and for getting me out of there." She says. "Thanks," she touches his arm lightly, "you know how much I don't like paparazzi."

He smiles slightly. "You don't have to thank me. It's what friends do. Although, you do owe me seven dollars for that drink," he jokes.

She laughs a little, "I've already lost a couple hours of work. Low income." She jokingly puts on her pouty face.

He chuckles. "Alright, I guess I can let you off the hook."

She laughs at the reference. "Speaking of Hook, Adam and Eddy are gonna be really mad we're late for our scene together."

"I'll blame your Starbucks craving," he teases as the light turns green.

"You know I have to have my coffee," she says lightly, still looking at him.

He smiles slightly. "Yes, I do. Otherwise I have to deal with a grumpy Jen." He jokes as he starts to drive again.

She laughs once more, "and that's scary, right?" she says jokingly.

"Oh,yes. Horrifying,” he laughs.

She looks out the window and her smile fades as she realizes that her morning with Colin is almost over. She loved the time they got to spent together. Soon, they pull up to set and he sighs, pulling out the keys.

"I guess we have to go now," she says a little sadly. Working night hours sucked, but at least she got to be with people she cared about. He sighs and nods, getting out. She gets out just a moment after and they walk together towards set.

He follows behind her, checking in as they enter. "Hey, I enjoyed our little adventure," she says softly so only he can hear her.

He smiles, “As did I." She smiles back and feels her stomach drop...? She quickly recovers, shocked at her own reaction. “See you on set," He says, going to his costume trailer.

She looks around to make sure no one's close. "Can I talk to you later?" she calls back to him.

He nods. "Of course,” he says with a smile.

"Come to my trailer for lunch?" She asks, thinking she shouldn't be doing this.

He keeps smiling, thinking nothing of it. "Sure," he responds. And, She goes to her trailer, where they get her ready.

-

Later, when she goes to set, Adam approaches her, "Try not to be late next time," he says. "Colin already told me." Then, he walk away.

Colin has just finished shooting a scene with Georgina; he makes his way over to where he is supposed to shoot with Jennifer. She sees him and gives him a welcoming smile. She was dressed in a pink dress. They were to shoot a scene from the fourth episode today. He smiles when he sees her. He’s wearing his 'mordern Hook’ clothes. He bounces her ponytail. "Have fun getting dressed up?" he asks.

"Not my usual jeans and leather jacket, huh?" She blushes slightly, looking down at her dress.

He chuckles, "I've lost twenty pounds by not wearing that long jacket."

She laughs slightly. "You look dashing," she says, still laughing.

He chuckles, thinking she's getting into character. He decides to do the same. Stepping forward, he licks his lips, scanning her with his eyes. "You look stunning, love."

Her breathing stops as he's very close to her, her eyes look down to his lips. She wants to kiss him. What? She shouldn't want that! She takes a step back.

Adam grins, "Perfect! Now, save that chemistry for when we're filming." Jen looks up at Adam, like a kid being caught doing something she shouldn't have been doing. Then she looks back at Colin and blushes.

He smiles, "good rehearsal." At this, she blushes deeper, but she's glad he thought it was acting. Yeah, she needed to talk to him, alright.

-

They fly by the scene at the apartment, then the one at the restaurant. Then it's time for the kiss scene. Adam smiles slightly, "alright you two. Work some magic." She rolls her eyes; she really didn't like Adam sometimes.

So, they start the scene, at first just talking about going in to have coffee. After a few lines exchanged well, it's time for the kiss. And this time, he gets to have both hands. So, Colin delivers his lines, Hook's asking Emma out again. She's supposed to kiss him. But for some reason, Jen’s more nervous than usual this time. But she can't show that. So she goes in slowly for their kiss, which in contact is not a gentle one.

She kisses him like she's supposed to, “with passion" like Adam said. Oh if only he knew her definition of kissing this man with passion. It takes everything in her to not kiss him as much as she wants to. But, just as he kisses back and their fingers intertwine, Adam calls cut. Colin sighs internally. He just felt something. He wasn't sure what or why, but he knew it wasn't right. Adam looks at Jen. "I know it's weird kissing your co-worker, but just loosen up. Relax. Melt into the kiss," he smiles slightly.

"Melt, darling." Colin jokes, in character.

She rolls her eyes, "fine." Great, now she's got to do that again. So, they say the lines prior, she's dreading the moment she has to kiss him again, afraid she'll lose control. Before she knows it, it's time.

He steps a little closer, rolling his hips ever so slightly, but is nowhere near touching her. His smirk disappears, replaced with a serious face. "Will you go out with me again?"

Slowly, she leans in to kiss him again. They both close the distance way too soon for her. She doesn't delay, but opens her mouth once their lips touch, not risking having to do this scene again. As Colin kisses back, Adam tells them to stop. "Too soon guys, Emma's got to linger on the thought, look down at his lips, want him, and then kiss him." Colin nods, and turns back towards her. "At least your lips taste like Starbucks,” he whispers teasingly.

She blushes at his comment. This is exactly the type of thing that she shouldn't respond to. He's married. But, they do it again, say their lines, and she leans in once more.

He makes sure to not go in to fast, and leans in, lips connecting with hers as energy flows through their bodies. This is the farthest they've gotten with this kiss in twenty minutes. His fingers slowly connect with hers as they continue to kiss.

 She does as she was told. She "melts" into the kiss. Maybe far too much, her stomach drops. They can't put this on TV. She can't make herself not kiss him like this, though. And the weird thing is that Colin is responding. But she's not in character anymore...

-

-

Please tell me what you think! Feedback is always encouraged and appreciated!